Saturday, August 3, 2024

Week 118 Photo Challenge: Funny

We were all scratching our heads about what to photograph for this week's challenge. 


 

Funny is very subjective, so very dependent on the individual's perspectives and experiences. I find all the photos humorous, you might not. Even among the three of us there was disagreement as to which photos were the funniest.  What's included in this post was the photographer's choice.  

I completely blanked on this challenge.  None of my ideas really panned out.  This was the best of my not so wonderful ideas. 

Kate: Boobby Traps? 

I may have the largest collection of booby cards in the world.  Why? My sister for some reason decided that was a wonderfully funny subject for many of my birthday cards. My physique could in no way be considered busty, in fact pretty much the exact opposite. So maybe that's the point?

My Guy created a couple of photos, but the one he found on a bicycle ride was just perfect. 


My Guy: Happy Days Duo


He found this joy riding dude along a very rural country road. Best I can tell from Google Images the car is an early 1950's Buick. It definitely made me smile.  

I have no idea where Grad Girl found her image. 

 

Grad Girl: The Elements of Humor

   

Not how I was taught the elements, but this might be really effective for freshmen chemistry classes.  My favorite has to be the Krypton.  I looked up the company and these are magnets you can get by ordering from the company.  That's definitely fun. 

Hopefully at least one of the photos this week tickled your funny bone. Next week's challenge should be easier.  


    

No required subject, just that it has to fill the frame.  Should be interesting to see what we all come up with next week. 

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your booby card collage made me laugh out loud! It's good to have a sister with a sense of humor! Loved the old car with the skeleton inside and Grad Girl's photo, too. It's fun how she can always find something in her lab to go with your topic!

Donna said...

Grad girl's picture is subtle. I'm tired and had to think about it a minute. Not sure where your sister buys her greeting cards, but I've never seen cards like that where I buy mine. The skeleton in the car was a good one.

Barbara said...

Oh, those are hilarious. Your boob cards made me think of my brother. He was 7 years older than me, and he teasted me mercilessly about being a bubble gummer, and a teeny bopper, and a tweener. When I turned 21, there was nothing more he could say, and I could turn the tables when he teased me about getting older. I’d say, “No matter how old I am, you’ll always be older.” And I was constantly on the hunt for birthday cards that joked about age. He’s been gone 20 years. I miss him, but thinking of those birthday cards still makes me smile.

Linda said...

Oh my goodness I spewed my coffee on booby traps! The little blue pill one is hysterical. You all definitely stepped up to the plate. :D

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

LOL. You all did a great job on tickling our funny bones. I saw a truck this weekend with a Mr. Skeleton in it like your DH's photo. LOL. Hmm the next theme is very interesting.

Jennifer said...

Haha, the booby cards made me laugh!