Tuesday, August 27, 2024

To Do List for the Week of 8/27/2024

Summer is still in full force here, though we have a chance for cooler temperatures starting this weekend with increased chances for rain. Of course there will be rain, it's Labor Day. It always seems to rain here for that holiday weekend.  We have no special plans for the holiday, but My Guy is taking a couple of days off, so I'm sure we'll end up doing something fun. So I should probably take that into account for this week's To Do List.  Before jumping there, I should review how it went with last week's list.  


To Do List for 08/20/2024

1.  Diatom: Finish borders, find backing fabric ✔

2.  Guild BOM: Make August block 

3.  Wild and Goosey: Continue making orange blocks 

4.  Chilhowie: Start on quilt assembly 

5.  Sensational Summer Scrap quilt: Continue as leaders/enders  


Having a shorter list does make it easier to check off all the items. It was definitely a good week on the progress front.  I've made good progress on my 2024 quilt plan. Most of what's left is assembling quilts, making backs and sending out for quilting.  At least that's the case till the end of year mystery quilt alongs get started.  This week following the quilt plan means a shorter list. 


To Do List for 08/27/2024

1.  Diatom (Quilting Jetgirl): Piece backing, prep for quilting 




The quilt top is assembled and I found a beautiful blue hounds tooth print for the backing.  I need to wash the fabric before I can get started on piecing it.  I'm hoping to have this quilt ready to go out for quilting by the time Rhododendron comes back.  

2.  Chilhowie Mystery (Bonnie Hunter): Finish sashing, start borders




The second horizontal row of sashing is at the sewing machine waiting to be stitched together.  Only two more sashing sections will be needed for the third row of blocks.  Then it will be on to the first pieced border.  I won't be doing the second pieced border.  Those blocks will get used on the back. Borders always take longer than I think they should so assembly probably won't be complete till sometime in September.  

3. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Continue making orange blocks




Just 4 blocks completed in August, but that just leaves 10 left to make.  If Angela holds to what she said at the beginning of this month, next month is supposed to be blacks and browns.  Since each of my blocks has black in it, I will probably just continue with orange for September.  It would be nice to finish all the blocks for this color.  Yellow is the only color that is complete.  

4.  Simply Sensational Summer Scrap Quilt (Kevin the Quilter): Continue as leaders and enders. 




I'm back to playing with the yellow 4 patches.  I've been working on assembling more 2 patches.  More variation is needed before I start making the next round of 4 patches.  

A short and simple list for this week. We all need weeks like that every once in a while.  Good luck with your to do list.  Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt for To Do Tuesday

9 comments:

Sara said...

Diatom really turned out great. And I love those orange Wild Goosies.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Diatom is so pretty! I love all those blues combined together. You'll have another beautiful quilt finish before you know it!

Barbara said...

I love those blues in Diatom. Your Summer Sensational is so pretty. Can’t wait to get more of a sense of what it will look like.

Carol Andrews said...

Kate all of your projects are beautiful but I’m absolutely stunned by Diatom. It really is a beautiful quilt 🤗 Carol

PaintedThread said...

Diatom is pretty. Love those blues. So many pieces in Chilhowie!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Love those Wild and Goosey blocks! I've been gifted and have saved a bunch of triangles. . .wonder if they are the right size??? At any rate, any time I see you post about your Wild and Goosey I applaud you!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your Diatom is AWESOME!! I sort of forgot about chilhowie - wonder if I started that one haha - and your wild and goosey are looking great!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oooh you had a lot of fun projects on the agenda for the week. The pretty yellow fabrics are so cheerful.

Jennifer in Indy said...

Love love love Diatom - such a pretty quilt with all the blues!