There was still plenty of time for stitching. Enough that I met July's One Monthly Goal.
I've not had a lot of success with my one monthly goals in 2018. I think because the time I have to sew doesn't match up well with what needs to happen to move a quilt all the way to finished flimsy. So for July, I tried to set a more realistic goal. This month the goal was to get the Inverted Star blocks framed and ready for sashing. At the beginning of July, those blocks looked like this.
by Jessica Boschem of Common Threads
available from Craftsy as a free download
By the time I shut down for the day on Sunday, they looked like this.
That may not look like much work, but each block has a narrow half inch strip of white to float the block in the colored frame. With all the framing done, it was time to sash the blocks. The sashing strips have been sewn to each row, but the rows haven't been sewn to each other. I might get that done by the end of July. Then there's a 2.5" plain white border followed by a border of Sawtooth Stars. There's been good progress on those this month too. I finished off the five red stars this weekend as well.
With the red ones finished, that just leaves black, gray and brown sawtooth stars left to make. The black and gray ones are all cut out ready for assembly over at the sewing machine. The fabrics for the brown stars has been chosen and just needs to be cut. After those, I need to make three more stars. I'll choose those colors after I've had a chance to get the others up on the design wall and see what looks best in the gaps.
So July has been a pretty productive month. Linking up with:
July One Monthly Goal
Design Wall Monday
Main Crush Monday