All but one fabric was already pressed and ready to go, so it didn't take very long before the first set of strips were cut and ready for stitching.
I kept the beige neutrals that Bonnie worked with, but changed the red to a purple/violet fabric from the stash. After a round of strip sewing, more time at the cutting mat, a bit of seam matching and more stitching, the pile of 4 patches started to grow.
I'm no where close to done with this clue, but that's OK. I won't keep up with all the clues as my schedule is just too hectic this time of year. My goal is to get enough parts done of each clue so that I can make a few blocks once Bonnie gives us the final reveal. If past practice holds, it will take me all of next year to get the quilt finished.
This weekend I was also sewing to another deadline. The Christmas Mystery quilt needs to be in finished flimsy form for the final meet up at the quilt shop next Saturday. I finished stitching the last block while spending time with the family, so the blocks were ready for sashing.
|Christmas Mystery designed by Carrie Randall (Quilter's Hideaway)|
All that's left is to sew the top row to the rest of the blocks. I should be able to get that done and the borders on before the meeting on Saturday. I'll be stitching up the Good Fortune 4-patches as I finish off that project.
Today will kick off Bonnie's mystery quilt linky party, so I'll be linking up there and with the normal Monday linky parties:
Main Crush Monday
Monday Design Wall