The weekend was a bit of a mixed bag. We got to see the Scientist in Training on Friday, but then My Guy got to feeling bad on Saturday. So we spend a quiet day at home on Sunday. He's still not feeling great and has a fever. With the current guidelines at work, he has to see the doctor and I have to work from home till he's cleared.
It was a pretty good weekend in the sewing room. I finished my August One Monthly Goal.
Storm at Sea was cleaned up, boxed up and shipped out for quilting. So this is likely to be another finish by the end of September. I used the Frolic quilt top as my back drop as a box just isn't very exciting on it's own. A backing for Frolic is next on the to do list.
The backing for the 2019 Christmas Mystery Quilt is done.
This is one quarter of the backing. The center is a dark green (not black)/red plaid, with the red/white stripe along the sides and the holly print at the top and bottom. Now the top and back just need a good pressing and all the loose threads removed so they can be packaged up and shipped out for quilting. The Christmas Mystery isn't very large, so that shouldn't take me near as much time as it did to finish the Storm at Sea clean up.
Unity Step 3 is finally finished and I've made a start on the blocks for step 4.
|Unity, 2020 Bonnie Hunter Sew-In-Place Quilt Along|
Yes my step 4 blocks look different than Bonnie's. After playing in EQ, I just like this block better than her version. These blocks are bigger than the step 3's, so I'm hoping these go much faster. But that's still a lot of HSTs.
So lot's of forward movement, but not the most exciting photos. The second clue for the Morewood Mystery quilt should come out this week, so I should have something new to post next week. Linking up with Elm Street Quilts, Monday Making and Monday Design Wall.