Sunday, August 18, 2024

Stitching Stuff: Week 33 of 2024

 


Another week gone already?  It feels like just yesterday I wrote the week 32 post and now it's time for week 33.  It wasn't the best week on the stitching front. My shoulders are not happy. I've been on Aleve and hot pads for several days this week. It's getting better, but I have to watch my computer and stitching time to allow things to heal.  


  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Aug = 17/17 days
  • 15 minute days/2024 = 230/230 days
  • Success rate = 100%   

I've kept my 100% success rate!  Not a bad stat for mid August! 

I've lost my get up and go on my scrap processing, so almost no progress there.  Definitely nothing to blog about on that effort.  I've done much better with the yardage pressing and reorganizing.  As it's the bigger mess, it's not a bad thing I've given it higher priority.  


The bin was piled to the top a few weeks ago. The bin is about three quarters full now.  I'm slowly getting these fabrics pressed, folded and sorted into the fabric closet.  Still a long way to go, but I'm happy with the progress so far this year.  

So how are you doing with finding time to stich, organize or declutter in your sewing space? 

1. Gretchen
2. Amanda
3. Julie in GA
4. maggie f
5. Michelle
6. DonnaleeQ
7. Quilting Gail
8. Frédérique
9. Carol Andrews

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

9 comments:

seabreezequilts said...

Its been over a month since I have managed to blog and blogger has changed so has comments. Hopefully this works. Sorry about the shoulder hope it is on the mend soon. Great work on the challenge.

Julie in GA said...

Your 100% success rate is very impressive. I hope the shoulder doesn't interfere too much.

Linda said...

My room might look organized, but there are little nests of mess. ;) Hope your shoulder is pain-free very soon.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm so sorry that your shoulders are giving you trouble this week. Hope they get better each day. You've done amazing stuff with your scrap processing and pressing work this summer - you deserve some days off! Have a relaxing Sunday, Kate!

Michelle Suzanne said...

I’m so sorry about your shoulders. I totally understand because I’ve been there myself and still have to be careful not to overdo. I hope you feel better soon!

Bonnie said...

You did great on the ironing pile. Amazing since your shoulder is (was?) sore. It's no fun when our bodies just don't want to keep up with us. I hope this will be a better week on the shoulder front.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Well done with your numbers! It's great to be able to sew or spend time in your sewing room despite the shoulder. I hope it's going to be better very soon.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I hope that your shoulder starts feeling better soon. It is good to take time to rest and allow it to heal. It is wonderful that you have kept up your 100%. I am cheering you all the way to the end of the year. I have stitched each day but not a lot of progress on the organization front. Hugs and Blessings.

Carol Andrews said...

I’m sorry to read your shoulders are causing you pain Kate but I’m impressed with your progress on the bins and your stellar stitching time stats. 🤗