Tuesday, August 13, 2024

To Do List for the Week of 8/13/2024

We'll pass mid-August this week.  It really does feel like time speeds up as we get closer to the end of the year. Didn't we just pass mid year? How can it already be almost two thirds overs?  I should calm down, there is still half of August left, so still time to make lots of progress on my quilting plan. 

My weekend sinus troubles put a hitch in my progress on last week's to do list.  

To Do List for 08/06/2024

1. Rhododendron: Finish packing and send out for quilting 
2. 2024 SAHRR: Finish the binding - progress
3. Indigo Way: Continue to work on borders ✔
4. Wild and Goosey: Continue making orange blocks 
5. Diatom: Finish sashing, start borders - progress
6. Simply Sensational Summer quilt: Continue as leaders and enders 

It wasn't a bad week, four check marks with progress on the remaining two items is a pretty good week.  I can still hope that progress on this week's to do list is better.  

To Do List for 08/13/2024

1. 2024 SAHRR (Quilting Gail): Finish binding



Just half of one side left to hand stitch and it will be a finished quilt. I should make quick work of that this week.  

2. Indigo Way (Bonnie Hunter): Add last border



I had more of the dark blue fabric left then I thought.  The strips are cut and are pinned to be stitched together.  Borders always take longer than I think they will, so fingers crossed that Indigo Way is a finished quilt top by next week.  

3. Diatom (Quilting Jetgirl): Finish sashing, start borders

There's not been much change since yesterday's post, so no photo.  I did get one horizontal sashing strip attached, so just two more to go. The strips for the narrow light blue border are cut, so getting those stitched and cut to size is the next step.  

4. Guild BOM: Make August block

I haven't even printed off this month's instructions.  This month is another 12" block. If I remember correctly there aren't a lot of pieces so it should go together pretty quickly. (Famous last words!)

5. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Continue making orange blocks

I still haven't counted how many are made. I should do that before I make many more.  

6. Simply Sensational Summer Scrap quilt (Kevin the Quilter): Continue as leaders and enders 



I've almost finished a set of 10 yellow 4-patches.  My plan is to alternate, make a set of 10 yellow and then a set of 10 blue.  Should keep it interesting.  I've bunches more of each color to make.  

That's my list for this week. I'm adding borders to two quilts this week. Lots of long seams, I probably need to wind a bunch of bobbins before I get too far on that process.  

Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt for To Do Tuesday

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Borders always slow me down, too, but you're doing great! I'm so glad you had plenty of that blue. And almost finished with the binding on your 2024 SAHRR is something to celebrate, too. Grad Girl will have it for Halloween!

Barbara said...

Your SAHRR looks great. I love the quilting. Glad you're feeling better. I feel like we missed half the year here since we were away from home almost the entire spring season. We missed a lot of the flowers, and now the fall stuff is blooming.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It is hard to believe that we are approaching mid August. Wheew time flies. When the weather changes, my hubby's sinuses act up. I hope you are feeling better. You have a great list of projects to keep you busy this week, Kate. Enjoy.

Linda said...

Borders are kind of scary for me, I don't think I've ever done one that didn't "wave". Your SAHRR is looking great.
August is the longest month for me, I just endure it knowing that fall is at the end (kind of) and looking forward to winter. I'm hoping the Farmer's Almanac is correct in the prediction that north TX will have above average rain and snow this winter!

Marsha Cooper said...

I like your idea of adding pictures in the to-do list