Sunday, August 25, 2024

Stitching Stuff: Week 34 of 2024


It's the last Sunday in August.  Why does it seem like time speeds up as we get closer to the end of the year?  It seems the August went so quickly.  There is still one full week left, so it's not completely gone, but boy is it close! 

It was another good week to find time to stitch.   

  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Aug = 24/24 days
  • 15 minute days/2024 = 237/237 days
  • Success rate = 100%
It's been such successful year on the stitching time front.  We'll see how long I can keep the 100%.  It has been really motivating keep this streak going.  How long will it last?  Hopefully for at least one more week.  

I didn't do so hot on with my scrap and stash reorganization this week.  My shoulders were bothering me last weekend, so not a lot got done.  No scrap processing at all and just a bit on the fabric pressing front.  



Approximately one third of the bin has been emptied.  That's not bad, some of the pieces have been bigger than I expected.  There have been several 4 yard cuts.  I've also rediscovered my large floral print collection.  I've found a couple of quilt patterns that would really highlight some of these large prints. Once the UFO list gets a bit shorter, I'll give a few of those a try.  It's a shame to keep such pretties piled in the fabric closet.  

Did you find time to stitch this week? 


1. Gretchen
2. Julie in GA
3. maggie f
4. Karen
5. DonnaleeQ
6. Melisa- Pinker n' Punkin Quilting
7. Quilting Gail
8. Bonnie in Va
9. Deb in Canada
10. Carol Andrews

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

6 comments:

Julie in GA said...

I agree that the days seem to be passing more quickly, and I know it will be even more true as we approach the holidays. Your 100% streak is very impressive, keep it up!

MissPat said...

All I can say is the older you get the faster the time goes. I had so much I was going to do this summer, but alas the heat and the rain had other plans for me. That should have meant that I got a lot of quilting done, but I don't have AC, so my quilting was limited to visiting quilty friends who DO have AC.
I've been surprised to see the large florals who've shown as you don't really use them in your quilts. I love them and have way too many, but they are hard to cup up.
Pat

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

August has just flow by. I do not know where the days have gone. Pressing and folding and refolding fabric does take time. WooHoo on getting some of this chore completed. It is always fun to rediscover fabric which usually ends one falling down a rabbit hole. LOL. Enjoy your week, Kate. Hugs.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You do have a lot of pretty florals! I'll enjoy seeing what you do with them. Hope your shoulder is starting to feel better!

Bonnie said...

I bet pulling out these fabrics are like a treasure trove -- who knows what you will find. Hopefully your shoulder will quit bothering you.. I know you have lots of quilty things you want to do. Have a great week as August blows on out of here!

Carol Andrews said...

You are so right that once we get to the end of summer the weeks fly by and it’s Christmas and New Years before we know it Jate. This whole year has been like that for me. I feel like it should really only be May for all I’ve (not) accomplished 😉. You had another good week in spite of your shoulders and I can say I’ve stitched every day this past week, and this week, too, so far 🤗 Carol