Monday, August 5, 2024

Project Milestones

The weekend was way too short.  I'm retired, but My Guy isn't. We seem to run out of Sunday before we run out of things we planned to do together. The big one this weekend was to get vacation planned.  Oh well, I'll work on it this week and we'll finish it off next weekend. 

One sewing room chore I tackled this weekend was getting Rhododendron (Bonnie Hunter) prepped for quilting. 


 

There are lots of seams to press. Thankfully there weren't too many loose threads. 



So now it's all pressed, de-threaded and ready to package to ship out to Trudy. 


So one more bar got longer on my quilt plan graph.  

The other project reaching a major milestone was Kate's Choice. 



The last block was finished on Saturday. So that's another bar that's longer on my quilt plan graph.  I'll play with the block layout when I'm ready to start quilting the blocks. First I need to practice quilting a bit before I start on that.  

No finish yet for August, but the binding and label are ready for the 2024 SAHRR.  So there should be a finish to post about next Monday. 

Linking up with the Monday Design Wall and Patchwork & Quilts.  

13 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Good job with Rhododendron, it's going to be a fabulous quilt once quilted. Kate's Choice blocks are finished! You were busy making them all. It looks pretty too. Have fun playing with the layout!

Linda said...

I still love the Rhododendron quilt, looking forward to the final! Kate's Choice is going to be another favorite of mine. Vacay planning is the best.

Rebecca Grace said...

Rhododendron and Kate's Choice are both beauties. And I'm sure your long arm quilter appreciates your care in pressing and neatening up your quilt tops before sending them off to her.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

too bad you both could not retire at the same time. It makes it easier if you could for sure. My sister in law is 5 years younger than my brother but they decided a long time ago that when he retired she would too and planned accordingly this way they can do the travel whenever and enjoy life

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love that you clip all the threads - that makes such a big difference in longarming! Sorry your weekend was so quikc - we need a day between saturday and sunday right?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You reached two big milestones with these projects - that's great! What's the next step for your Kate's Choice blocks? We are looking forward to a vacation in September - aren't they fun to plan?!

Nann said...

Milestones, checklists, whatever -- getting projects closer to completion is such a good thing!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Two beautiful quilts. The de-threading really helps make the back of the quilt look so perfect and your front is gorgeous.

Barbara said...

That’s exciting getting another one off for quilting. I love what you did with Kate’s Choice. The colors are an interesting combination, and so pretty.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You had a busy weekend, Kate. Great job on getting Rhododendron dethreaded and I love how Kate's Choice is looking. Have a fabulous day. Hugs.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, both of your quilts are gorgeous. Is Kate's Choice the women's suffragettes quilt? Those colours are familiar, even if the blocks aren't.

Jennifer said...

I agree, the weekends are too short! I worked 80% for a long time when my kids were young and I really loved my 3day weekends. Way to go on both quilts!

dq said...

Oh I do love that purple and yellow pieced flying geese border - yummy!