Sunday, August 11, 2024

Stitching Stuff: Week 32 of 2024



We had a major cold front hit Friday. Going from the mid 90's at lunch to the mid 70's by dinner was quite the shock. Unfortunately by Saturday lunch, my sinuses decided they didn't like the cooler weather. Not got much done on Saturday, but I got in my 15 minutes.  Thankfully I was more productive earlier in the week.


  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Aug = 10/10 days
  • 15 minute days/2024 = 223/223 days
  • Success rate = 100% 

So I managed another week with 100% success rate!  I'm going to be a bit sad when my streak ends, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

I didn't process any scraps, but did do a bit of work in the fabric closet.  Plastic drawer liner was used to line the bottom of the wire cubes. 



The plastic keeps the fabric from getting pushed into the wire squares. There is still room for fabric in the closet.  That's a good thing because I still have lots of fabric left in the to be pressed bin.



There was a bit of progress on moving fabrics from the bin to the closet.  I know that the burgundy fabric in the lower left was purchased when I was in graduate school, so it's over 35 years old.  I even remember what project it was purchased for.  I'm not ever making that project, so not sure where that fabric is going to end up.  Probably as part of a pieced backing on one of my planned scrappy quilts.  

How did you do with finding time to play with fabric and thread? 

 


1. Julie in GA
2. maggie f
3. Linda at Texas Quilt Gal
4. Karen
5. DonnaleeQ
6. Frédérique
7. Quilting Gail
8. Andrée at Quilting & Learning
9. Bonnie in Va
10. Deb in Canada
11. Dq at Dreamworthyquilts
12. Kim S

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

7 comments:

Linda said...

You're so lucky to be far enough north to be affected by cold fronts - they fizzle before they cross the Red River - I'm jealous! I like your wire baskets and your solution for keeping the fabric from sagging. They look really neat.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your storage baskets are looking so nice and neat! You aren't the only one who has bought fabric for a project, and then never made it - I have done that more than once. I realized early on that I am not a kit person. I bought a whole kit from Connecting Threads, and then used everything up in scrappy projects!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

You wire squares are a great storage solution for your newly pressed fabrics! Neat and pretty. Well done maintaining your 100% success rate!!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, good luck with the weather and your sinuses. I'm feeling the same way but there's also a tooth involved. Yuk!

dq said...

Sorry your sinuses didn't love the temperature change. We've gone from ridiculously highs of 105 degrees F down to 62. It really isn't too crazy to have major temp swings in one day where I live, that that is really more than normal. Daily thunderstorms are the culprit.
Your organization shelves look fantastic! Great idea to put plastic on the bottom.
Congrats on 100%. You and I are holding strong!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oooh I really like the storage baskets, Kate. I worked on folded fabric today. I am reevaluating my storage situation. LOL.

Kim said...

We were hit with the cold front here in northern Michigan, too, and my daughter ended up with a nasty cold. So far, I'm ok and am getting even more than 15 minutes of stitching for awhile. I'll take it when I can!