Tuesday, August 1, 2023

To Do List for the Week of 8/1/2023

It's August?  This year is certainly moving quickly.  August is usually the hottest month of the summer.  Fingers crossed we end up with a cooler month than average. It's been so hot, a lot of us are more then ready for some cooler weather.  

The hot weather is great at encouraging me to spend more time in my air conditioned sewing room. That paid off with progress on last week's to do list. 


To Do List for 7/25/2023

1. Diatom: Finish blocks 10, 11 &12 ✔

2. Wild and Goosey: Cut red scraps and make 1 block - progress

3. Melodic Mystery: Continue assembly of quilt top 

4. Chilhowie: Continue as leaders and enders 

5. Malted Mystery: Select fabrics 


Four check marks and making progress on the fifth to do is a really good week.   I didn't get a Wild and Goosey block made, but I did get some new scraps cut. The only plans for this week are to get the Jeep in for new tires, it's definitely time. But that shouldn't be too bad as we'll drop it off and pick it up from the tire place today.  Hopefully it will be an uneventful week and this week's list will be easily accomplished.  


To do List for 8/1/2023


1.  Unity (Bonnie Hunter): Prep for quilting



 

Unity has been a finished quilt top for a while. I have the back made and prepped. I got busy with new quilt alongs and just didn't want to take the time to get this one ready to send out.  I've been so focused on new projects this first half of the year. My plan is to focus on finishing a few quilts the last half of the year.  

2. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Finish 1 red and 1 yellow block




I picked the fabrics for another red block, but didn't get it made as I ended up helping My Guy change the flat tire on the Jeep last night.  I'll finish this one and make a yellow one to match this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge color.  

3. Melodic Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Continue assembling quilt top




I made some progress with getting the rows assembled while I was focused on finishing off the Diatom blocks.  This should be a finished quilt top by the end of the month. 

4. Malted Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Start cutting the fabrics




I'm excited to start another Meadow Mist Design mystery quilt along.  One clue a month is just about my speed.  Cutting instructions will come out on Thursday, so there is definitely still time to jump in. I played with a lot of different palette options, but this one is my favorite. Fabric D is actually a really deep navy, not black.  

Tomorrow is my day to post my version of String Lights from Cheryl's book, Just Two Charm Park Quilts. I'll be hosting a give away for a digital copy of the book. You can find all the blog hop participants here.  

5. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter): Continue as leaders and enders project. 




Block 6 is almost finished. I'll be two thirds of the way done with the blocks once it's completed.  

That's my list for this week.  You can find more To Do Tuesday lists over at The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric.

11 comments:

Nann said...

Another ambitious list! Hooray for Unity at the finish line.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I hope that the new tires work out well today and that you have another productive and enjoyable sewing week. Focusing on finishes for the end of the year sounds like a really motivating and enjoyable way to close things out.

Sara said...

Yummy colors for the Malted Mystery. Very Spa-like.

grammajudyb said...

You are amazing! Wonderful Bonnie Hunter finishes! Malted Mystery is going to be so pretty! Thank for the reminder about the blog hop for Cheryl’s new book! I’m off to check out the ones I missed and set a calendar alert for tomorrow “

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Some how I missed seeing Unity all sewn together--It is large and I am so proud of you for keeping with it and finishing it--looks great!!
Hope you do get a bit cooler there--but here in FL we got a couple months before it cools down here--!!!!
Hugs, di

Kathryn T said...

My eye went to the Chilhowie block straight away! I finished my quilt but I did a three by three plus border rather than the four by four as I didn't want it quite so large. I quilt them myself. All the best with your plans.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It sounds like you did really well on your list this week! I'm looking forward to seeing your quilt from Cheryl's book. I've been enjoying the blog hop this week - she has some pretty designs!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Currently 104 at 7:30pm ao ywp, August is def the hottest. YUCK!
You sure do a lot of Bonnie's quilts! They always have so many pieces! :oD

Barbara said...

Good to see Unity all finished like that. Your fabrics are pretty for Malted Mystery.

Linda said...

Unity looks wonderful! Good luck on your list. Stay cool!

piecefulwendy said...

So many fun projects going on! I love the fabrics you've chosen for the Meadow Mist Mystery. Have fun with your list!