Monday, August 14, 2023

Decisions

The Monday post is a bit late this week for the second time in less than a month.  Let's just say the morning didn't get off to the best start, but everything has lined out since then.  

I spent most of last week working on prepping Unity (Bonnie Hunter) to send out for quilting. 



 

I ended up with quite a nest of loose threads at the end. But the quilt is pressed and folded so it can be packaged up. 




So this afternoon I need to track down a box, pull some batting and finish getting it ready to take to the post office tomorrow.  

I didn't finish the prep work till late yesterday afternoon, so there wasn't much time to work on much else, but I did get the last row of blocks for the Melodic Mystery  (Meadow Mist Designs) quilt sewn together .




The top 4 rows are sewn together. I need to add row 5 to the bottom, then I can sew the 2 halves together. The next step is to finish the border.  This project will become my focus project till I get the quilt top assembled.  I usually try to keep 3 projects on the active works in progress list, so I need to find something else to add in.  Preferably something that still needs the blocks pieced.  

Linking up with the typical Monday Design Wall and Patchwork & Quilts Monday linky parties.  

5 comments:

Barbara said...

That’s an amazing wad of threads. Good on you for cleaning them all up. Meadow Mist is looking good.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your Melodic Mystery looks very pretty, love the colors. Well done with Unity, ready to be sent.
Have a great stitching week!
Thank you for sharing, and linking up.

Julie in GA said...

Congratulations on finishing the clean-up on Unity. That's not much fun, but makes such a difference for the quilting. Your mystery quilt is looking great!

Linda said...

What a nice relief for you to have Unity ready to go. I've never paid much attention to threads on the backs of my quilts, and I really should! Melodic Mystery blocks are really pretty.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm sorry Monday got off to a rough start; hopefully the rest of the week is smoother. Congratulations on getting Unity prepped and ready to send for quilting!