Tuesday, August 8, 2023

To Do Tuesday for the Week of 8/8/2023

This week has gotten off to a much cooler start than last week.  We had a rainy weekend in the first time in a long while. It made for a very nice, cool walk yesterday.  I'm sure it will heat back up again, we don't really see fall temperatures here till late September or early October.  Which really isn't all that far off. The end of the year will be here before we know it.  I'm trying to make sure some of those things I want to get done by the end of the year show up on my to do list.  

To Do List for 8/1/2023

1. Unity: Prep for quilting - progress
2. Wild and Goosey: Make 1 red, 1 yellow block 
3. Melodic Mystery: Continue assembling quilt top 
4. Malted Mystery: start cutting fabrics - no progress
5. Chilhowie: Leaders and enders project ✔


Three out of five check marks and good progress on the fourth is not a bad week.  I wasn't able get to the Malted Mystery fabrics because Unity is spread over my pressing/cutting table. I knew that prepping that project was going to take some time, but it's taking longer than I expected.  This week's list will look pretty much like last week's list. 

To Do List for 8/8/2023

1. Unity (Bonnie Hunter): Finish prep, send out for quilting




I'm just over halfway finished with the clean up.  I've pressed and used the lint roller on this section, but still need to clip the loose threads.  I've probably got a couple more afternoons of clean up before it's ready to package up.  I'll be happy to get this one out the door.  

2.  Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Make 2 yellow blocks




I finished one red block from last month along with two yellow blocks for this month. The goal for Wild and Goosey is to just increase the number of blocks completed.  With what's been finished this year, it's going to take another two or three years of block making to get enough blocks for the finished quilt, unless I make it a focus project for next year.  We'll see what I get finished this year.  

3. Melodic Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Continue assembly of quilt top.




There is still one row of blocks to assemble, but the top and bottom two rows have been stitched together.  The pattern has one narrow border of what in my version is the green. I may add another border of the dark maroon.  We'll see how it looks once it gets that far. 

4. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter): Continue as leaders and enders



Block 6 is almost finished. By the end of the week block 7 should be under construction.  

5. Sewing Room clean up: Reorganize project boxes

If you read yesterday's post, you know we had to move some stuff in the sewing room due to a cable box issue. I did some rearranging after that and realized I need to go through my project boxes and clear out a few and combine a few.  That will help get rid of some of the clutter.  

That's my list for this week.  You can find more to do's over at The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric on this week's To Do Tuesday linky party.  

I promised to announce the winner of the digital copy of Just Two Charm Pack Quilts today.  The random number generator picked #4. So congratulations to Cindy Smith. I'll reach out to Cindy about the prize via email. Thank you to everyone that commented on the String Lights post.  

4 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh, having some nice rain sounds like a lovely weekend and cooler way to start the week. I hope you enjoy working on your to-dos in the sewing room this week!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

We really enjoyed the rainy weekend as well! Thank goodness, right? Your quilts are all coming along so nicely!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a good idea to use the lint roller when you're cleaning up the back of the quilt! I never thought of that. Unity is looking great! Melodic Mystery is a really pretty design, too. Have a great week!

Linda said...

I like the idea of a "new project diet"! I've been jealous of your cooler, rainy weather - so near yet won't quite make it into far north Texas. Just another reason we need to move north. ;)