Tuesday, August 29, 2023

To Do List for the Week of 8/29/2023

I'm really not ready for August to be over, though I'm ready to loose the hot 100 plus temps we've had the last few weeks. Thankfully, we got a bit of a cool down this weekend and I was able to enjoy a much cooler sewing room the last couple of days.  That helped a lot with getting all the items on last week's to do list checked off. 

 

To Do List for 8/22/2023

1. Macaron Mystery: Start assembling backing ✔

2. Scrappy Butterflies: Continue making alternate blocks ✔

3. Wild and Goosey: Make 2 yellow blocks ✔

4. Chilhowie: Continue as leaders and enders project ✔


So it was a good week. I even remembered to make the Wild & Goosey blocks last week.  After spending the first part of the year pretty much exclusively on new projects, it's been fun to come back to some of the older projects on my list.  So lesson learned.  You need enough new, fun projects to keep things interesting in the sewing room.  Long term embargos on new projects doesn't work for me. I'm really more productive in the sewing room with a good mix of old and new.  

Having said that, this week's to do list concentrates on just the older projects. 


To Do List for 8/29/2023

1. Macaron Mystery (Meadow Mist Designs): Continue piecing backing


After multiple rounds of unsewing, the left over blocks are finally sewn into rows to use on the back of the quilt.  Now I need to press the backing fabric so I can cut and assemble the main part of the backing.  

2. Scrappy Butterflies (self designed): Continue making border blocks, start assembling quilt top




The top border is assembled.  Rather than sew the sides as borders, I'm going to just add those blocks to the ends of the rows and sew the top together that way.  There will a couple more borders added, fingers crossed that will be on the to do list for next week.  

3. Wild & Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Make 2 aqua blocks




I made good progress on the yellow blocks in August. If I remember correctly, I'll need to cut some aqua scraps before making any blocks this month.  

4. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter): Continue as leaders and enders project.

That's the plan for this week.  Hopefully this week will be as good as last week.  Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for To Do Tuesday.  

4 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It looks like a very successful week indeed! And what a great lesson to learn about having a mix of old and new. It certainly seems like you have found a great rhythm.

Sara said...

I have to agree - I also need some new projects to keep me excited in the middle of trying to finish some old projects. I think the back of your mystery quilt is going to be almost as much fun as the front.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Kate! I hope you are doing well. I agree with you about the need for new projects and older ongoing ones. Sometimes the diversion of a new project is just the ticket to make an older one more interesting. Four checkmarks for the week is always a good thing in my book. {{Hugs}} a bunch! ~smile~ Roseanne

Carolyn said...

Add me to the list of quilters who need a new project periodically to keep the creative juices flowing. The wild and goosey blocks really caught my eye--they are colorful and fun! Good job on your list, and best of luck this next week.