Sunday, August 6, 2023

Stitching Stuff: Week 30 of 2023


The first week of August was a warm one. It was definitely warmer in other parts of the country than here, which is hard to imagine since it was just miserable to go outside to do anything (like get the mail).  It was definitely a good week to stay in and stitch.  Which is pretty much what I did. 

  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/July = 21/31 days
  • 15 minute days/August = 5/5 days
  • 15 minute days/2023 = 182/217 days
  • Success rate = 83.87%

So it was a good week on the getting things done front. So far this year, I've done better at starting new projects than I have finishing old ones.  But all the stitching time has resulted in some good progress. 


There are 4 quilt tops assembled, one of those has the backing made.  Unity is being prepped for quilting.  Once I get it sent out, I'll start putting together a back for Macaron Mystery.  I'd be happy if I can move those four to the finished side of my Excel chart by the end of the year.  

How are you doing on your finishing goals this year? Is your stitching time helping or hurting?  


1. Gretchen
2. maggie f
3. Julie in GA
4. DonnaleeQ
5. Deb in Canada
6. Jennifer in Indy
7. Quilting Gail
8. Andrée at Quilting & Learning

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

This year I've been focusing on working on one project at a time. I seem to have less unfinished quilts that way. I'm also trying to finish UFQ's. There is always less time to sew in the summer than the rest of the year, it's always that way. You are making progress with your quilts, happy stitching!

Deb said...

These squirrels are really upping my sewing time but all for the good!
Thank you for hosting a great linky party!

Jennifer said...

I always like your charts and this one is no exception - most of my quilts would be stuck at "top made" and waiting for a back and quilting. Hoping to get back to working on a few UFOs once my daughter leaves for college.

Marti said...

Your success rate is amazing! You aren't giving yourself enough credit, I see 4 quilts on your chart that are racing to the finish together.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, bad weather (or even too much sun!) is great for staying indoors and sewing. I had my son's dog for the last week, so I've been hand stitching a lot in the living room where she is most comfortable. We're finally getting more temperate weather and I've discovered that it's generally cooler in my back yard. Poppy loves that, especially cause she can hunt! I haven't been feeding the birds much so that she won't get lucky! Hope the rest of August is cooler for you.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I love the color coding on your spreadsheet! I know mine was missing something!