Saturday, August 5, 2023

Week 81 Photo Challenge: Frame Within a Frame

After several days of 100+ temps, we may hit the low 90s today.  It rained this morning and it looks like more is coming, so we'll have humidity with those temps.  Even so hopefully it won't feel quite so bad outside. The crazy summer temperatures have kept me from doing much with my photography.  Pretty much the only pictures I'm taking are for the weekly photo challenge.  This week's challenge was pretty straight forward.  




I really hadn't give any thought to this week's photo, so was left scrambling yesterday trying to come up with subject matter.  I dug around in the sewing room looking for a potential subject and ended up with a literal frame for my photo.  


Kate: Framed


Even so, I think it works. You have the frame of buttons inside the actual wood frame. The buttons filling the frame are from my Grandmother's button box (as are the buttons that make up the frame).  My sister made and gifted me the frame several years ago.  It's not currently on display as I don't have anything to go in it. I did tell Grad Girl that I'd be open to an embroidery piece featuring buttons or sewing themes that I could display in the sewing room. We'll see if she comes through on that or not.  

My Guy's photo features a more common photographic framing technique. 


My Guy: Out of the Inner Frame


The tree tops do make a nice frame for the pond.  I really like the sparkles on the water and how they highlight the bench.  It's been too hot to sit outside at just about any time of day the last few weeks.  

Grad Girl was trying for an optical illusion with her effort this week.  


Grad Girl: Just Framed


She was trying to make the geo print look like it was part of the bookcase. I think her angle is just a bit off for that to work.  Even so,  the photo has several frames in it.  One that may not be obvious is the white space off the right, they've kept that wall clear so they use a projector to show movies on the wall.  

I selected the card for this week's challenge.  




Hmmm?  I told Grad Girl she may have an edge this week.  She just laughed.  I have some ideas, hopefully I won't wait till Friday to set them up and shoot them.  

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a neat frame with all the buttons! You definitely need a sewing related piece to put inside it. I love outdoor scenes framed with tree branches, and that looks like a lovely spot there! In Grad Girl's photo I see multiple meanings for "framed." Hope you get some relief from the heat and humidity this week!

Barbara said...

It's always fun to see what you come up with. Innovation. Oooh...that's a hard one.

Linda said...

I like your buttons interpretation! Innovation, hmmm.
I keep telling Hubs we need to move back to Oklahoma. The front is just now snaking its way into north Texas, and the temperature has actually dropped 8 degrees since we got up this morning. It is still supposed to be over 100 today. Ugh!

Deb said...

Wow , can I borrow that idea? I could do up some of those for my GC (Grown Children) for Christmas presents!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

These are all so great!! I like how you all think so differently yet still meet the challenge!