Sunday, August 27, 2023

Stitching Stuff: Week 33 of 2023


This was the last full week of August. September starts in just 4 days!  I'm ready for cooler weather, but definitely not ready for it to be so far along in the year.  It just seems the last half of the year really flies compared to the first half.  So getting in my stitching time is really important the next couple of months.  I did pretty well on that front this week. 


  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/August = 24/26 days
  • 15 minute days/2023 = 203/236 days
  • Success rate = 86.02%

My goal for the year is to stitch 75% of the time. I'm definitely on track for that.  I'm not on track with my finishes.  So hopefully I've got time to get a few of those in before we hit the end of the year.  

There are so many projects I'd like to play with in 2024.  Our photo challenge for this week was "Feminine".  One of my potential subjects was some of the floral fabrics that have been in my stash for awhile.  




I've stopped buying these big florals because I'm not sure what to do with them. This is just a small sample, I have a whole stack of 1 to 2 yard pieces.  As I was pulling these out for photos and petting them a bit, I was thinking how much I'd like to play with these.  Hopefully that will motivate me to finish a few quilts so I can add in another new start for next year.  

How are doing on your stitching goals for the year?  Are you stitching enough to meet your expectations for 2023?  



1. Gretchen
2. Julie in GA
3. maggie f
4. Karen
5. DonnaleeQ
6. Frédérique
7. katie z.
8. Andrée
9. Quilting Gail
10. Deb in Canada

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Those florals are all very pretty, I hope you can think of something to use them in. Happy stitching!

Julie in GA said...

Your numbers are looking great--keep it up! Those florals are beautiful, but I struggle with how to use them too.

maggie fellow said...

I love my pretty florals, too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those big florals are really pretty, but I never know what to do with them either! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Have a great Sunday, Kate!

Barbara said...

Your florals are beautiful. I have a hard time using those large scale prints too. It’s one of the reasons I quit buying Kaffe Fasset. I think his fabrics are so pretty and fun, but I never know how to use them. Your florals could be pretty in one of the BQ quilt patterns. (Big Quilt.) They leave the fabrics in large enough pieces that the design isn’t lost.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Such pretty florals! When you're ready to start a quilt with them, email me and I'll send you a pattern you might like. Congrats on your numbers for the week.