Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Photo Play 2024: March Summary

The goal with my photography this year is to just enjoy the process and capture photos that bring me joy.  The lack of mobility due to my knee problems limited my photo excursions in March.  But I did get out a couple of times with the camera.  

One of our family photo challenges in March was "statue(s)".  That required a walk in downtown.  The first signs of spring were just starting to bloom. 

Red Maple leaves



Crepe Myrtle pods



I took a lot of photos that day downtown, but most of them are just a bit blah. I don't know if my camera settings were off or if I just wasn't paying attention. 

The second photo excursion was to Woodward Park in Tulsa. My Guy took his day off in March to survey the Eagle's nests near Tulsa. After his morning of surveying, we met up at the park photograph the spring blooms. He still needed a statue photo, so that location met both requirements.  

Pansies







Johnny Jump Ups





Dogwood



Japanese Snowball




Azalea




It's hard to pick a favorite out of this set of photos.  I really like the texture of the Japanese Snowball leaves, but that deep purple of the pansies is a favorite too.  I like the dreamy, almost painting like feeling of the Dogwood photo.  Definitely a good day with the camera. Let me know if you have a favorite photo.  

11 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love seeing your photos, Kate! I think the crepe myrtle pods are my favorite. I enjoy seeing what's leftover after the blooms are done!

MissPat said...

The rich color of both purple pansies are my favorites. I was glad to read yesterday that the tornados passed you by.
I have friends in Kalmazoo, MI who were also lucky as the tornade that damaged the FED-EX warehouse was south of them. They had heavy rain.
I'm also glad to know you are making good progress on your knee surgery recovery.
Pat

Barbara said...

They’re all beautiful. I like your crepe myrtle pods. Nice detail. Were you using a macro lens? It reminds me I should get out my macro lens at one of our stops coming up. So much sight-seeing. So little time.

Pam said...

Lovely photos! I think the dogwood photo is my favorite as well!

Julie in GA said...

You got some great photos! I love the colors in the pansies and the Johnny Jump Ups.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Gorgeous photos! I love them all; I miss the blooming color and green of midwest spring. I especially like the composition of the dogwood photo. Thanks for sharing your photos!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

That's a great goal, Kate- enjoy the photo opportunities. These were some great photos. I had never noticed the pods of a crepe myrtle - how interesting. Hugs

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Beautiful!! Such bright and clear colors- and that bokeh!! LOVELY!!!

Linda said...

Beautiful shots, really shows that you are enjoying the process! Woodward Park is such a beautiful area, close to one of my favorite old haunts, Utica Square.

Preeti said...

Ok, very cool pictures but not a statue in sight. What happened?

Donna said...

I like the last one. The simplicity appeals to me.