Monday, May 6, 2024

A Bit of This and That

We had a wet and dreary weekend for the most part.  I came down with a 24 hour stomach bug Saturday night.  So I didn't get all that much done at the sewing machine.  I'm almost finished with the April block for the guild BOM. 



Just the last 2 sides to stitch on.  I need to cut out the pieces for the May block.  Hopefully I'll get to that today.

Since I felt so crummy on Sunday, most of my stitching time was spent on a bit of handwork while watching some National Geographic shows.  




I finished off the center body of the butterfly.  I've moved the hoop so I can finish the upper part of the second wing. 

All the pieces are cut for the backing for the 2023 SAHRR, so now all that's left is to stitch all the panels together.  Hopefully that will happen today.  

Not much of an update for the week.  Linking up with Design Wall Monday and Patchwork & Quilts  

12 comments:

Linda said...

Good grief, to catch a bug on top of everything else! Hope you are feeling back to normal by now.

Sara said...

Hope your week goes better than the weekend - with sunshine and feeling better, and some stitching. Take care of yourself!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope you are feeling better now!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh goodness, I am glad to hear it was only a 24 hour bug. I hope you continue to feel better!

Nann said...

I guess it will be a long time yet that we don't first think Covid when we feel ill. Glad it's just a short bug. Interesting BOM in the works. Hope you feel better now.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's nice to have some hand stitching to do when you don't feel good enough to do anything else. Those butterflies are so pretty and look enjoyable to work on. Hope you're feeling better today!

Chrisknits said...

Sometimes we just need to rest, you will have things waiting when you feel better!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I think the stomach bug has been going around. My nephew felt icky yesterday. I am quite smitten with your butterfly embroidery, Kate. Are you choosing whatever color you like for the floss colors ? Your butterflies are so gorgeous. I hope you enjoy your day. Hugs.

Kim said...

It's nice to enjoy some hand stitching when you are not up to stitching on the sewing machine. Your butterfly is looking pretty. Hope you are feeling better soon.

dq said...

Watching those butterflies come to life on the white has been fun. There are many hours of work into that one.
It seems to me that you will end up with several finishes at once the way you work on several projects at a time, so don't fret about the numbers. I did on mine until I put that into perspective.

Barbara said...

Sorry you haven’t been feeling well. Saw an alarming weather report for your area. Hoping you’re safe.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

It's nice to have sewing projects in hand when you're not feeling well. I hope you are feeling better today and can sew the back of SAHRR. The butterfly is shaping up nicely!
Thank you for sharing, have a great sewing week.