Tuesday, May 14, 2024

To Do Tuesday for the Week of 5/14/2024

It's been a quiet week.  We spent the weekend at my Mother's.  Grad Girl was able to take a few days off to fit in a friend's graduation and Mother's Day.  We had a pretty chill weekend, she's back in Texas and we're back home.  I wasn't in my sewing room over the weekend, so I didn't quite get all my to do list for last week checked off. 

To Do List for 5/7/2024

1.  2023 SAHRR: Prep back for quilting - no progress

2.  Guild BOM: Assemble May block - progress

3.  Grandmother's Choice: Find blocks, fabrics, pick next block ✔

4.  Wild and Goosey: Make more purple blocks 

5.  Indigo Way: Continue as leaders and enders ✔

Not one of my best weeks, but I'll take the three check marks with progress on a 4th project.  

I've no doctor's appointments or other obligations this week, so hopefully I can do better with this week's to do list. 

To Do List for 5/14/2024

1. 2023 SAHRR (Quilting Gail): Prep back for quilting

The backing is made. It just needs to be pressed well and any loose threads removed.  

2.  Guild BOM: Finish may block




I've got some of the components completed. Still a ways to go to finish this block.  

3. Grandmother's Choice (Barbara Brackman): Cut and assemble block, choose next block.

 



Four flying geese are needed for the next block. Those are partially constructed.  I ended up discarding most of the blocks that had already been made, most of them are assembled so badly, that there is no way to square them up.  Oh well, I'll have fun picking my own blocks for the sampler.  

4. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Make more purple blocks




The purple pile is slowly grower bigger. 

5. Indigo Way (Bonnie Hunter): Continue making block B components.  




All the full block B's are completed. I still need 4 setting triangle block B's.  So making the block components continues as my leaders and enders project.  

That's my list for this week. Fingers crossed I'm more successful than I was last week.  Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for To Do Tuesday. 

6 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day weekend - good luck getting back into your routine!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That sounds like a nice weekend - seeing both your mom and your daughter! You've still made some progress on your projects, and hopefully there'll more time for that this week, too. The Barbara Brackman QAL looks interesting - I went and read her post at the link. I wish I had talked to my grandmothers on how they felt about getting the right to vote, too.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a fun weekend - and now you need to rest up!! Love your projects this week!

Sara said...

Glad you had a good weekend with your mother. Did it feel good to toss the poorly made blocks and just plan new ones? I threw away 2 very poorly made blocks I found recently - and it felt very liberating.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with your family. So glad Grad Girl was able to come home for a visit as well. You have so many fun projects to work on this week, Kate. I look forward to seeing all that you complete. Happy quilting. Hugs.

Kim said...

How nice to see both your mum and daughter on the weekend. You have a lot of blocks on the go. You certainly like playing with triangles. =) I love the look of those Indigo Way blocks.