Tuesday, May 28, 2024

To Do List for the Week of 5/28/2024

Hard to believe there are only a few more days left in May. In another month, we'll be half way through the year. Looking at where I'm at with my goals, I'm pretty happy with most everything except for finishes.  So I'm going to gear up on that front for a bit and see if I can make something happen there.  There were things on last week's to do list that helped with the finishing goals.


To Do List for 05/21/2024

1. 2023 SAHRR: Prep top for quilting ✔

2. Guild BOM: Finish May block ✔

3. Kate's Choice: Continue making blocks ✔

4. Wild and Goosey: Continue making purple blocks ✔

5. Indigo Way: Continue as leaders and enders ✔


A completed to do list is always a good feeling.  Fingers crossed I can do as well on this week's list. 


To Do List for 05/28/2024

1. 2023 SAHRR (Quilting Gail): Package and mail out for quilting




The backing and top have been pressed and de-threaded.  I just need to pull the batting and find a box for shipping.  This should go out out to Trudy before the end of the week. 

2. Kate's (Grandmother's) Choice: Continue making blocks




Prepping a quilt top takes a lot of time, so not as many blocks were added to the design wall for this project.  

3. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Continue making purple blocks, make blue blocks for June.  




4. 2024 SAHRR (Quilting Gail): Cut and assemble backing




This year's SAHRR was made with Halloween fabrics.  The spooky house, cat and pumpkins was in the stash and should make a really fun back. I don't have quite enough for the whole back, so I'll use the orange print to border it.  The plan is to get this project ready to ship out for quilting by the time the 2023 SAHRR comes back from the quilter.  

5. Indigo Way (Bonnie Hunter): Continue as leaders and enders

I'm still assembling the component parts for the last 4 setting triangles.  I'm hoping that June is the month quilt assembly can start.  

That's my list for this week. Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt for To Do Tuesday

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Getting in some quilt finishes is on my list, too! Glad your 2023 SAHRR is getting close. That photo of the blue and purple Wild and Goosey blocks is a pretty one! Good luck with your list this week, Kate!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

You are definitely on the way to moving some quilts on to finishes. I love the backing prints you will be using for the 2024 SAHRR. I hope you have a great week!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh my what pretty quilts in that pile to work on--!!
love some of those color combos--keep stitching--
have a great week--hugs, diane

Carolyn said...

Those blue and purple wild and goosey blocks sure are pretty! I hope you make good progress on your finishes.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Woo Hoo on completing last week's goal list, Kate! You have a great selection of projects to work on this week.I wish you great progress. Hugs.

Linda said...

Your SAHRR looks very pretty waiting to be mailed out, and good luck getting 2024 ready by the time it gets back. The Grandmother's Choice block is neat, love the fabrics.

dq said...

The Halloween backing fabric is GORGEOUS!
The 2023 SAHRR has lots of open space for some beautiful quilting. I often forget to leave space for that.
Great work this week, Kate.