Sunday, May 19, 2024

Stitching Stuff: Week 20 of 2024


It's been a weird week. On a positive note, my knee is finally lining out.  I can go up stairs normally, still look like a gimp going down.  But you have to enjoy the small victories.  I made it to the gym this week, but did a very light work out to avoid doing something stupid and being really sore the next day. I also got in my stitching time this week.  

  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/May = 18/18 days
  • 15 minute days/2024 = 139/139 days
  • Success rate = 100%
It's been a very good year on the stitching front even with knee surgery. Thank goodness for hand stitching projects. 

I didn't spend as much time on stash organization this week.  I did a bit of scrap cutting, but not so much you can see a difference in the bin.  The fabric to be pressed bin is a bit emptier. 


There's a bit less orange fabric in the bin, most of what was pressed was fat quarters and half yards.  The black yardage in the top photo was about 5 yards, so it took a bit to get it all pressed and folded.  I'm hoping I can do better on both the scrap sorting/cutting and the pressing this next week.  

So how did your stitchy week go? 

1. Gretchen
2. Julie in GA
3. maggie f
4. Andrée
5. Karen
6. Bonnie in Va
7. Amanda
8. Frédérique
9. Quilting Gail
10. DonnaleeQ
11. Melisa- Pinker n' Punkin Quilting

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Glad you've been able to keep up with your stitching goals all year - that's great! Scrap processing and fabric pressing takes time, but every little bit counts. I often give up on that in favor of sewing more, lol!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad to hear you are going up the steps well - going down will follow soon!

Bonnie said...

Sounds smart to not overdo it at the gym. Some days I can hardly get up to a decent walk. (I'm usually between slow and medium slow :-) ). Do you wash all new fabric before you take it to your sewing area? Is that what needs to be ironed? I know I do but I "try" to iron it before I put it away. Sometimes I just put it away.... Sigh. Postpone the inevitable.

seabreezequilts said...

Glad you knee is getting there. I've actually done some quilting this week not just that boring crochet stuff. Feeling very inspired after a weekend quilt class with some excellent teachers.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Hurray for your numbers! Your stash organization looks great, I love these black fabrics. The two bins are the perfect stash for an Halloween project ;)

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It is so wonderful to hear that you are getting stronger each and every day. I love seeing your bins of fabric. It makes me want to dig into mine. Enjoy your week, Kate. Hugs.