Sunday, May 5, 2024

Stitching Stuff: Week 18 of 2024

 


Getting into the sewing room got much easier as the week went on.  I still have to be really careful on the stairs, putting the wrong leg down first on either the up or down trip still hurts pretty bad.  The sewing machine foot pedal has gotten easier to use as the week has progressed. I heard from a guild member who also recently had knee surgery that she's been told that controlling the foot pedal is good physical therapy.  Hmmm, that definitely works for me.  


  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Apr = 30/30 days
  • 15 minute days/May = 4/4 days
  • 15 minute days/2024 = 125/125 days
  • Success rate = 100%  

This is the longest I've been able to maintain a100% success rate. Usually I drop the ball in late April.  I won't be able to do it for the whole year, but it has been a bit of extra motivation each day to play with needle and thread to keep my 100% status. 

I took first quarter off from my fabric organization goals since I wanted to concentrate on finishing off my 2024 SAHRR.  There was a bit of scrap and yardage organization back in March, but Eclipse travel and surgery meant it was the end of the April before I did any other clean up.  

The scrap bin is now about half full versus where it was in March. 


And the to be pressed bin is a bit lower. 

It's getting easier to stand for longer periods of time. Hopefully that means a bit more progress on both efforts for next week. 

How are you doing at fitting in some stitching time along with some reorg/decluttering efforts?  


1. Gretchen
2. Frédérique
3. maggie f
4. Julie in GA
5. Karen
6. katie z.
7. Deb in Canada
8. DonnaleeQ
9. Andrée at Quilting & Learning
10. DawnyK April recap
11. Melisa- Pinker n' Punkin Quilting
12. amanda
13. Bonnie in Va
14. Quilting Gail
15. Dq at Dreamworthyquilts

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

11 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

You are doing very well with your number! I'm happy you're feeling better. Keep on practicing your physical therapy with the foot pedal ;)

maggie fellow said...

foot therapy haha

Preeti said...

Congratulations on 100% success rate. Wishing you continued healing and lots of sewjo, regardless of how you use it - sew/declutter/organize. Happy Sunday to you!

Julie in GA said...

It's so good to hear that the recovery from your knee surgery is progressing well and you are able to enjoy some stitching therapy. Congratulations on keeping the 100% success rate going!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good to know your foot pedal counts as PT - hope it improves soon

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's interesting about the foot pedal being good therapy for your knee! Are you going to PT? I've had so many friends tell me it really helps their knees. Glad you can get up to your sewing room and down again better these days. Good luck with your fabric organizing project!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, keep up your sewing therapy! Good luck.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Sounds like you had a good week, Kate.I am glad it is getting easier each week. I never thought about it, but you do use a number of muscles when sewing so keep up the foot pedal therapy. Enjoy your week.Hugs.

seabreezequilts said...

Glad to hear the knee is getting better, having stairs must not be ideal with your recovery. I've been sorting fabric as well not decluttering too much but rediscovering old projects which I should get on and finish instead of starting new things. I'll get there eventually (maybe when I retire).

Bonnie said...

You are doing a great job keeping to the 15 minutes to stitch. You know those fabric bins won't do anything while you ignore them, well, except possibly multiply. (nervy bins, eh?) I think sewing therapy must be a priority for your knee! Have a good week.

dq said...

I am impressed that you are at 100% even with surgery. That really is dedication even if it was hand work.
This is also my longest 100% journey.