Saturday, June 24, 2023

Week 76 Photo Challenge: Blue

Summer has definitely taken hold. Though it's not been as hot here as it has been in Texas, there have been heat advisories out most of the week.  We were lucky here in town, we didn't get the full force of the winds that Tulsa did last weekend.  Many people are still out of power, which is miserable when the heat and humidity are this high. 

This week's photo challenge was pretty much wide open in choice of subject. 




The subjects are unlimited.  My photo for last week has a lot of blue color in it, but it was given to me as a gift by Grad Girl to remind me not to feel blue about her moving to Texas.  


Kate: Something Blue to Cure the Blues


This hangs in my sewing room over the desk she normally sits at when she's doing embroidery and I'm sewing.  The sparkle from the beading always catches my eye and reminds me that she's where she's supposed to be, doing what she's supposed to be doing.  I still miss her though.  

I'm not sure where My Guy took his photo, but I really like it.  


My Guy: Blue Lands Black Sea


He captured the sparkle really well.  I'm guessing this is someplace downtown, but as he's out and about a lot there is no telling where he took this image.  

Grad Girl continues to photograph life in the lab. 


Grad Girl: Tools of the Trade


Grad Girl said when she texted me the photo that it made her think of her undergraduate research advisor, he always insisted they use blue ink in their lab notebooks. I guess she's the only one that uses blue ink in the lab as she always knows which notebook is hers.

I really like both My Guy's and Grad Girl's photos from last week, for different reasons.  This week's challenge is another easy subject. 




 The challenge will be to make it an interesting photo.  

8 comments:

Sara said...

Blue is all around us - and you all chose well. I think the fact that your daughter made you that beaded piece is so sweet.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Yep--a great week of pretty neat 'blue' photos--love them all--and each one has a nice 'memory' attached to it--
hugs, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a sweet little piece that Grad Girl gave you! I would keep it somewhere prominent, too. Your guy's photo is interesting- it's definitely making me wonder! Love the tools of the trade, too. Thanks for sharing!

Barbara said...

I love them all as always, but I’m especially taken with the gift from Grad Girl. So sweet.

MissPat said...

Your guy's photo is loaded with hexies. I'm thinking it maight be a floor or countertop. What a thoughtful gift from Grad Girl.
Pat

Linda said...

Grad Girl's embroidery - so sweet! Love the blue photos, the gloves made me laugh. That's what I use to wash dishes - lol!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

All three are great captures!!!
I love the embroidery Grad Girl gave you - so sweet!

Jennifer said...

Love the blue photos - and the embroidery your daughter made you is so sweet!