Tuesday, June 6, 2023

To Do List for the Week of 6/6/2023

It's been a long couple of days. My back is slowly improving.  The only place I can sit comfortably for more than a few minutes is my sewing room chair.  So I went with that to spend most of Sunday and yesterday in my sewing room.  I can sit at the computer desk for about 30 minutes at a time, so I'm slowly replying to emails and catching up on everyone's blog. But all the sewing room time paid off in a fully checked off to do list.  

To Do List for 5/30/2023

1. SAHRR: Assemble last pieced border ✔

2. Just 2 Charm Pack Blog Hop: finish pressing and cutting fabrics 

3. Diatom: Assemble block 6, cut block 7 

4. Wild and Goosey: complete 1 orange block 

5. Chilhowie: Leaders and enders project 

So it was a good week for the to do list.  I'm hoping I can do as well on this week's list.  

To Do List for 6/6/2023

1. Just Two Charm Pack blog hop quilt (Meadow Mist Designs): Start subunit assembly. 

I have till early July to finish this project, so I've moved it up to my number one priority.  It's taking over my large design wall.  

2. SAHRR (Quilting Gail): Attach spacer border and choose border fabric. 




The last pieced border was stitched on yesterday afternoon.  I'm really happy with how this project came together.  It was worth all the extra time to finish those pinwheel blocks.  I've been searching the stash for a suitable border fabric and came up with three possibles. 




My Guy likes the center one the most.  I'm going to see if I have anything darker in the stash that might work.  But I think these might be it.  I also need to come up with a name for this quilt other than SAHRR.  

3. Diatom (Quilting Jetgirl); Assemble block 7, cut block 8




The center part of block 7 is assembled. Now I just need to add the borders.  

4. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): 1 blue or green block

The goal is to just keep this project moving this year.  

5. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter) Leaders and enders project. 




Block 5 is in progress.  So I'm more than half way finished with block construction for this project.  

I'm hoping to be as productive this week as I was last week.  Fingers crossed that I can make that happen.  Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for the weekly To Do Tuesday linky party.  Good luck with your to do list this week.  

9 comments:

Sara said...

What a blessing that you have the Perfect chair in your sewing space. I like your fabric choices in those yummy blues. The middle one is especially pretty but they'll all work so well with the rest of the quilt.

Anonymous said...

I agree: the pinwheel blocks are a great touch! Looking forward to seeing how (which border) you finish it off :).

Michelle at https://mybijoulifeonline.com said...

I am totally loving all of these projects!

piecefulwendy said...

Your SAHRR (Bluebird??) quilt is so pretty. Of the three blues, I agree with your hubs, I like that center one. You've done well, despite a back injury. Hope you continue to heal well and quickly!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have gotten a lot done, in spite of the back issues. I'm so happy for you that you can sew! It will be especially fun to see your blog hop project.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

What excellent progress last week. The prints for the final border for the SAHRR are lovely, but a darker one to consider would be smart to look for. I hope you find something that makes you and your husband happy. I hope you continue to feel better and have another fun, productive sewing week!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like My Guys choice for the border... its so pretty!
Glad you are getting back in action! and smart to limit times!!

Carol Andrews said...

Kate I cant believe how many check marks you managed to do on your list with your back acting up again! Your SAHRR is just stunning and if it's going to be Your Guy's quilt he should help with choosing a border fabric! Your other SAL's are progressing so beautifully. Hope this week was as good for you and your back settled down a bit. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. I wrote my post but didn't have a chance to link up.....real life, you know :)

Jennifer said...

The SAHRR is looking fabulous- love the design and the colors!