Saturday, June 10, 2023

Week 74: Photo Challenge: Graffiti

It's been a stormy and raining morning.  It was hard to get up this morning. It didn't help that I was a bit sleep deprived, with my back hurting, sleeping hasn't been easy this week.  So after a late start, I'm finally getting around to posting our photos from last week's photo challenge. 



We live in a small town, so graffiti isn't common as there aren't many places you can put it.  We do have a walking trail that has a few tunnels that allow you to cross under some of the major streets.  That's where My Guy and I looked for our subject matter this week. 


Kate: "Nite, Nite" 


I've photographed this tunnel before, the heart showed up in a previous photography lessons post.  The silver graffiti is new since the last time I walked this part of the path.  I really like how it reflects the light. It took me a bit of close up examination to make out what it says, "Nite, Nite".  

My Guy found a stretch of the pathway with more artistic graffiti.  


My Guy: SunshineOnACloudyDay


This one is pretty fun. My Guy has another photo from this part of the path that is of a really well done sunset, but someone painted some thing rude over it, so it's not really appropriate to post. So this was the best choice to post out of what he photographed.  It's a nice reminder that you can be your own sunshine.  

As is typical, Grad Girl went with something completely different. 
 

Grad Girl: Lab Graffiti


Of course it's lab related as there where she seems to be spending most of her time this summer. We didn't do this when I was in school, writing on the hood sash was taboo.  But these markers will wipe off the glass. So it's become a quick way to write notes or work out a problem.  

This week's challenge was a head scratcher for me when we first pulled the card. 




But now that I've had some time to think about it, I've got some ideas to play with.  Should be interesting to see what we all come up with.  

5 comments:

AnnieO said...

Nice photo!
Lots of graffiti here—gang related and otherwise. There is a graffiti hotline I’ve called several times—a city employee comes and paints it out.

Barbara said...

Fun photos. Grad girl’s is interesting. I can see how that would be a handy way to write a quick note. I have a small white board in the sewing room where I write a quick measurement (since my brain doesn’t hold anything behind .57 tenths of a second).

Marti said...

Great pictures and I love grad girl's interpretation. We don't have much graffiti in my small town either, but I was waiting for a train to cross a track the other day and there was some pretty incredible graffiti on some of those cars. So next week... are you going to be forced to take another vacation?

piecefulwendy said...

We have trains frequently running through our town. Whenever I am waiting for one of them, I like to look at the graffiti on the railway cars. While I know it defaces property, some of the artists are pretty talented. That is a fun challenge for the week. Hoping your back issues ease up so you can get better rest!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Interesting compilation of photos - they are all great
But I will tell you Grad Girls is pretty unique thinking!