Monday, June 19, 2023

Slow Going

Is it really Monday again?  We had a really slow weekend. I took My Guy out for Father's Day on Saturday.  We did a Zoom call with Grad Girl so she could see him open what she'd sent him.  I didn't sew much on Friday or Saturday as even my magic sewing room chair wasn't comfortable after I reinjured my back during physical therapy.  By Sunday I was feeling much better so there was some progress on a few things in the sewing room. Most of my progress is on my project for the Just Two Charm Pack Quilts blog hop over at Meadow Mist Designs, so I can't show that just yet.  I did make some progress on SAHRR. 




One border strip is sewn on, the second is pinned. I'm hoping to get the last two added as well today.  

Block 8 of Diatom (Quilting Jetgirl) is finished, I just need to add the finishing strips.




I should finish off block 8 today. The pieces for block 9 are already cut, so I can start assembling that block as well.  

I'm taking it easy on the housework front until this latest back injury heals a bit more.  I should have lots of time for stitching this afternoon.  Linking up with Design Wall Monday and Patchwork & Quilts.  

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

did the people in PT not know what they were doing that the back was injured? I hope it will be better soon.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Slow progress is still progress! Glad you're on track for the blog hop - projects like that have to take center stage so you can make the deadline. The SAHRR is looking good, too!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty blue projects, your SAHRR is soon to be finished! I'm sure that your husband (or daughter, have they decided yet who will have it?) is very excited about it.
Take care of your back.
Thank you for sharing and linking up

Quilter Kathy said...

I'm so sorry to hear your back is still causing troubles for you. Maybe it is telling you to just take the summer to rest and relax?!?

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, I'm sorry to hear about your ongoing back issues. I hope that physio will be more helpful the next time... Best of luck with your projects! I'm finally taking the time to post about some slow stitching. It's not like I'm going to get my houses quilted by Thursday, so I may as well take advantage of the time to blog about other stuff. Take care.

Barbara said...

Well, I’m sorry about your back. I’ve had back problems before too. It sure does slow you down. Hope you feel better soon.

Linda said...

Are you scheduled to go back to PT - eeek! I hope it gets better soon. Sounds like your Guy had a good Father's day.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I'm so sorry about your back - what a frustration!!
Glad you could zoom call and spend some time together that way

Sara said...

It's not fair that PT has actually caused more injury. Bummer!! Hope you're on the mend.