Tuesday, June 20, 2023

To Do List for the Week of 6/20/2023

This week didn't go so well in terms of the to do list.  I couldn't sit for very long, even in my magic sewing chair. There was progress, but there aren't a lot of check marks. 


To Do List For 6/13/2023

1. Just Two Charm Pack Quilts blog hop: Start assembling rows of blocks ✔

2. SAHRR: Finish spacer and final borders - progress

3. Diatom: Assemble block 8,cut block 9 - progress

4. Wild & Goosey: Make a blue or green block - no progress

5. Chilhowie: Leaders and enders project 

Two check marks and progress on all the others but one isn't really a terrible week.  What really needed to get done, got done.  Still, I'll hope that this next week isn't overshadowed by any additional back problems.  

To Do List for 6/20/2023

1.  Just Two Charm Pack Quilts blog hop (Meadow Mist Designs): Finish assembling rows, cut sashing strips.  

Half the rows are sewn together and I've gotten a start on the next half. This project is on schedule. The blog hop isn't until the later half of July, so I've got some breathing room.  

2. SAHRR (Quilting Gail): Finish final border.




The two side borders have been attached and the top border is pinned ready for stitching.  I should have a finished quilt top by the end of the week. 

3. Diatom (Quilting Jetgirl): Finish block 8, assemble block 9, cut block 10.




Block 8 just needs the final two border strips sewn on.  Block 9 is already cut, I'll just need to start assembling the block.  

4. Wild & Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Make 2 blue or green blocks




I got the templates out, but didn't get as far as selecting fabrics for the next block.  These stitch up pretty fast, I just need to figure out when to work on them. 

5. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter):  Leaders and enders project




The hourglass subunits for block 6 have been started.  Hopefully I'll be sewing more this week and can knock out what's needed for the next block before next week.  

That's my list for this next week.  Linking up with the Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for this week's To Do Tuesday.  

7 comments:

Chrisknits said...

Sorry to hear of your back issues, my husband is going through the same struggle. Good luck with finding relief! Lovely projects all. Chrisknits

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like the final border you decided on for the SAHRR! Looks it goes nicely with your other border blocks. Glad you're on track for the book blog hop - projects with deadlines are always a little nerve-wracking!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm excited to see how the final borders finish out the SAHRR quilt. Will you be quilting it yourself?

dq said...

Your projects have such perfect names. They are coming along so nicely.

You are hurting more, darn it! I hope there will be much improvement!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Every little stitch is closer to a finish. Your projects are looking amazing, Kate. Hope you feel some relief soon. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Linda said...

Oh I like that pretty border on the SAHRR! Sorry that your magic chair isn't doing the job - hope your back gets much better!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I was going to ask what your plan is for making wild and goosey. I'm trying to figure out how/when to fit it in. I don't particularly like side-projects but I think that might be the only way to do this one. I've been thinking of giving myself a specific start date (like maybe July 15 or Aug 1) and using that as motivation to get other things finished first. For now, the printout of the templates is hanging right next to my machine trying to get me psyched up for all that paper! LOL