Tuesday, June 13, 2023

To Do List for the Week of 6/13/2023

It was a good week in the sewing room. Of course when it's about the only place you can sit comfortably, you do tend to spend more time there.  My to do list for last week was pretty long so not everything got checked off. 

To Do List for 6/6/23

1. Just Two Charm Pack blog hop: Start subunit assembly ✔

2. SAHRR: Attach spacer border, choose final border fabric - progress

3. Diatom: Assemble block 7, cut block 8 

4. Wild and Goosey: 1 blue or green block 

5. Chilhowie: Leaders and enders project 


I'm grateful that it was a productive week on the sewing front, because I wasn't productive anywhere else.  

The list for this week is much the same as it was for last week. 


To Do List for 6/13/2023

1. Just Two Charm Pack Quilts blog hop (Meadow Mist Designs): Start assembling rows of blocks.  

I've got all the blocks laid out on the design wall, now I just need to get them stitched into rows. 

2.  SAHRR (Quilting Gail): Finish spacer and final borders




My big design wall is full of loose blocks, so this is the SAHRR after pressing the third border strip added to the top. All that's left is the bottom spacer strip and I can add the final border.  This has been such a fun project. I'm thankful that I will at least get the top finished before the 2024 quilt along starts.  Fingers crossed I can get it quilted and bound before then too.  

3. Diatom (Quilting Jetgirl): Assemble block 8, cut block 9




I've almost got the subunits made for this block.  Hopefully I can get this one finished and a good start on block 9 before it's time to draft next week's list.  

4. Wild & Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Make a blue or green block




I had pulled pieces for another orange block as part of last month's RSC color, so I added a blue one as well to complete two blocks last week.  These little blocks go fast, but you can't chain piece them. I'm just hoping to move this project along a bit this year. It's going to take a lot of blocks to finish even a throw sized quilt.  

5. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter): Leaders and enders project




Block 5 is almost finished. I've already started on the subunits for block 6.  Leaders and enders is slow going, but at least there is some progress each week. The more I sew, the more progress.  

Thanks to Carol of The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for hosting To Do Tuesday each week.  I'm not a big list person, but setting aside the time to think through the sewing priorities each week has been a big help.  

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like you are working on a lot of Bonnie's quilts

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your SAHRR is getting close! Love the Wild and Goosey blocks, too. Leaders and enders help you move a quilt forward, so it's all good!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It sounds like you are making great progress on the Just Two Charm Packs quilt for the blog hop. I hope you have a good week and continue to feel better every day.

piecefulwendy said...

I'm confident you will finish your SAHRR before the next one begins! You are making good progress. Those flying geese blocks are pretty, I can't wait to see the quilt top begin to take shape. I've never done a BH quilt (all the pieces - yikes) but they are so fun to see. Sorry you are still not feeling comfortable to sit elsewhere, but thank goodness it works in your quilt room!

dq said...

Wild and Goosy is gorgeous! Is that Bonnie's mystery? I think I downloaded the clues but never made the mystery.

dq said...

I forgot to congratulate you on getting nearly every check mark last week.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so into flying geese right now (actually, I always have been!) and I am in love with that quilt! That's quite a project to tackle but I'm gonna love watching yours come together. And I'm pinning it for my own bucket list! TOO FUN!

Linda said...

I am, as always, so impressed with your SAHRR - it's just so pretty. Glad you are getting projects checked off!