Tuesday, June 27, 2023

To Do List for the Week of 6/27/2023

Another Tuesday, so it's time to think about the quilty to do list and link up with The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for To Do Tuesday.  I did slightly better on last week's to do list. 

To Do List for 6/20/2023

1. Just Two Charm Pack Quilts blog hop: Finish assembling rows, cut sashing strips - progress
2. SAHRR: Finish final border ✔
3. Diatom: Finish block 8, assemble block 9, cut block 10 - progress
4. Wild & Goosey: Make 2 blue or green blocks 
5.  Chilhowie: Leaders and enders project ✔

Three check marks and progress on the other two is really a pretty good week.  Thankfully my back is doing much better, so it's been much easier to spend time in the sewing room.  

Deciding what goes on the to do list for this week is a bit harder.  Grad Girl is coming home this weekend, plus we have plans with extended family as this the only time she'll get to see them until Christmas. So I probably won't get as much done this week.  

To Do List for 6/27/2023

1. Just Two Charm Pack Quilts blog hop (Meadow Mist Designs): Finish assembling rows, start assembling quilt top

I started assembling the last two rows, but didn't quite get that finished. I did get the sashing strips cut.  So there's been good progress on this project.  

2. Diatom (Quilting Jetgirl): Finish block 9, cut block 10


 
I finished block 8, but that put me behind on block 9.  Hopefully I can get back on track with finishing 1 block a week. Counting block 9, there are only 4 blocks left.  

3. Wild & Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Make 2 blue or green blocks




I finished one of each color this week. I'm finding that making two at a time isn't too bad, so we'll see if I can repeat that this week.  

4. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter):  Leaders and enders project. 


 
I'm working on the subparts for block 6.  These hourglass blocks make really nice leaders and enders.  

That's my official list for this week. I may attempt to work in some hand stitching since we'll be visiting family.  Or I may just give myself permission to miss a couple of days on the stitching front.  With my Mom getting older and not in good health, spending time with her has become a priority whenever I get the chance to visit.  Happy stitching, good luck with your list this week.  

6 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Prioritizing time with your mom is definitely more important than other 'to dos' in a week. I hope that you have fun when you do have time to stitch and quilt, and that you can savor the time with your daughter, mother, and family.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

My goodness I'm behind! Usually I'm up on Meadow Mist Designs but I guess I haven't seen this one yet. I'll have to look into it! Good luck on it!

Bonnie said...

It looks like forward movement to me. Some weeks we get a lot done, others we barely get anything done. I hope you get a good visit with your mom and some sewing done.

Sharon - IN said...

I followed a link to your 15 Minutes to Stitch and see that you also post to To Do Tuesday. I understand your priority of being with your Mom and perhaps no stitching with visiting. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. Enjoy your time with her and family!

Sara said...

Just enjoy your week with Grad Girl and other family, and the projects will be waiting for you. I'm so glad we had the family reunion over the weekend. Today my husband is meeting the 2 sons-in-law and oldest grandson for golf. The rest are all going to a pool party. And I'm staying home to sew in the peace and quiet - and air conditioning.

chrisknits said...

Lovely, bold blocks! It will be a stunning quilt.