Tuesday, May 2, 2023

To Do List for the Week of 5/2/2023

The beginning of May means the year is a quarter gone. At the end of next month it will be half gone. I've taken a few detours this year with new projects. Before the end of this month I need to start working moving a few projects to the finish line. So I should probably look at changing what's on my to do list. I've been making an effort to work on everything that is listed.  

To Do List for 4/25/2023

1. SAHRR: Finish border 5, make windmill blocks ✔

2. Donation blocks: Make HSTs, assemble blocks - progress

3. Diatom: Finish block 3, start block 4 

4. Wild and Goosey: Finish a purple block 

5. Chilhowie: Continue as leader and enders 

Four checkmarks, with progress on the fifth item is a really good week.  Those donation blocks took a lot more effort then I expected. Those need to be finished within the next 2 weeks, so they'll show up on this week's list for sure.  

To Do List for 5/2/2023

1. SAHRR (Quilting Gail): Finish 5th spacer border, make windmill blocks




The quilt has gotten big enough that I need to piece the spacer borders.  One lesson I learned this time is that you need to make sure you use a background where you have a lot of yardage when you are making a quilt that you have no idea how it's going together.  I was about to run out of the background fabric, thankfully my background was from the Stonehenge line and I was able to find it on line. 

2. Donation blocks for guild: Assemble patriotic blocks



 

I finished all the children's blocks during the retreat, plus one of the patriotic blocks.  There are still 3 more patriotic blocks left to assemble.  Thankfully all the HSTs are made and trimmed, I just need to lay them out and stitch the blocks together. 

3. Diatom (Quilting Jetgirl): Finish block 4, start block 5




I finished block 3 and have the pieces cut for block 4.  I'm not going to catch up anytime soon, but at least this project is moving forward again. 

4. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Finish an orange block




I finished a total of 4 blocks last month.  Hopefully I can make 4 orange blocks this month.  

5. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter): Continue making blocks as my leader and enders project. 




Just two more "borders" and block 4 will be finished.  I'll need to cut some more fabric soon so I can start on the parts for block 5.  

That's my to do list for the week.  If I can do as well this week as I did last week, I'll be happy.  Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for this week's To Do Tuesday.  Happy stitching this week.  

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a wide variety of blocks!

Sara said...

The Diatom block and the donation block, are both definitely my kind of block. I love most any variation of a star. And of a pinwheel.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Looks like you made great progress last week, and it's so fun to see your beautiful blue Diatom block!

Sharon - IN said...

Four checks off your list of five sounds like a good week to me! I'm going to have to look up the Diatom quilt. Have a great week!

Ivani said...

You had a great week, beautiful blocks on the go.

Barbara said...

You got a lot done this week! I love those colors in your Bonnie Hunter quilt.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It took me a couple years of participating in the SAHRR to realize I needed to make sure I had enough background fabric before starting! Your background for yours is beautiful - I love that Stonehenge line. The Diatom block is beautiful, too. Glad you've been able to move everything forward this week!

Peggy Stockwell said...

Everything is look so good. You really have made a ton of progress. Those purple blocks really draw me in. Good luck on everything this week.

Carol Andrews said...

Kate 4 out of 5 check marks is a great accomplishment especially with the piecing you need to do in each of these different projects. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.