Saturday, May 13, 2023

Week 70 Photo Challenge: Old Wood

Hard to believe we've kept the challenge going for 70 weeks, granted not 70 consecutive weeks, but still that's a lot of photos.  This week's challenge card presented several possible subjects for photos. 




As you'll see below, all three of us chose the same subject matter, but from different view points. 


Kate: If a Tree Falls in a Forest.....


Black with age (fire damage isn't likely based on location), this fit my definition of old wood.  I found this fallen tree during one of my early morning walks.  


My Guy: Skeletal


While my shot is from the bottom, My Guy went right to the top.  I'm not exactly sure where this photo was taken, but it was probably during one of his late evening walks.  My Guy wasn't particularly happy with any of his photos for this week.  With the rain we've had, it really limited his ability to get out and about for photography.  As it was I had to rescue him from one of his evening bike rides due to the very rapid onset of severe weather. 


Grad Girl: The Century Tree


Grad Girl went with a literal Live Oak.  This is the Century Tree on the Texas A&M campus.  This tree is well over 100 years old.  It's a popular location for marriage proposals and as Grad Girl discovered, graduation photos. This weekend is graduation, so she had to sneak her photo in between other photographers.  It's said if a couple walks under the tree together, they will marry; and any marriage resulting from a proposal under the tree will last forever.  

Next week's challenge card is another commonly found subject.  




I'm not sure what we'll all come up with, but it should be interesting to see what view points we each take.  

7 comments:

Sara said...

All 3 photos are beautiful this week. Glad no one asked me to choose a winner!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love all the tree photos--i love taking photos of trees--trees have always fascinated me ever since 12th grade when I got to take my first art class--and the teacher told us to draw a tree--he laughed when he seen mine--said it was a kindergarten tree--(well what did I know--I had never went to kindergarten or taken an art class before) but anyways--he got me really looking at trees and I haven't stopped looking or loving them since!!
can't wait to see the house ones next week--happy shooting!!
hugs, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Trees are such fascinating beings to look at, especially the old ones. I love the way live oaks grow. That's something else I had never seen until we visited S. Carolina a few years ago. Beautiful photos this week!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love that century tree

Barbara said...

Wonderful. I love them all.

Linda said...

I like each of the photos, but yours is my favorite. That is a neat old tree on the A&M campus!

Jennifer said...

Love the tree pictures this week!