Tuesday, May 16, 2023

To Do List for the Week of 5/16/2023

This last week went really fast. May is half over. Already?  Staying busy definitely makes the time fly by.  I made good progress on last week's to do list, but didn't get to all of it.  

To Do List for 5/9/2023

1. SAHRR: Make windmill blocks ✔

2. Guild Name Tag: Make 

3. Diatom: Cut fabrics for blocks 5 & 6, make block 5 - progress

4. Wild and Goosey: Make 1 orange block, cut orange scraps 

5. Blog Hop Quilt: Press and cut fabrics - no progress

6. Chilhowie: make as leaders and enders 

Check marks on 4 with progress on a 5th is really not a bad week. Last week's list was a little long, I'm going to keep it much simpler for this next week.  

To Do List for 5/16/2023

1. Prep projects for Texas Trip




I'm only going to take projects that just need stitching.  So far all that's in the project bag is Melodic Mystery and Wild and Goosey.  The plan today is to cut pieces for the SAHRR Windmill blocks, cut fabric for Diatom blocks 6 - 10, and pieces to continue making Chilhowie blocks as my leaders and enders project.  I'll take what ever I manage to prep.  I'm also taking my embroidery project. Grad Girl will have to work till early afternoon during the week, so I should have a couple of hours in the morning to sew.  But I'm not going to count on it. If nothing gets done while I'm in Texas, at least I'll have things ready to stitch when I get back.  

2. Enjoy hanging out with Grad Girl. 

That's my priority for the next week.  I'm pretty sure there will be a giant check mark next to this to do item next week.  

So a much simpler list this week.  Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for this week's To Do Tuesday

10 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like a relaxing trip planned! I'm betting you have a little weather while you're there - seems like south Texas has had some unsettled stuff lately. Enjoy your trip!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have a great time with your daughter

Bonnie said...

Sounds like a fabulous plan. Enjoy your time with Grad Girl.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

So smart to do all the prep work now to set yourself up for success later. Enjoy your trip and the sweet time with Grad Girl!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Have a wonderful trip! It's so nice that you have the flexibility to go and do that now. It sounds like you'll have time to do whatever you want, too - perfect!

Sara said...

You'll have such a good time with Grad Girl. Safe travels!

Ivani said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy the time with your daughter.

piecefulwendy said...

Having prep work done is such a good idea, and leaving yourself open to just roll with whatever will make the trip much more enjoyable! I hope you pack your days full and enjoy the time together! Safe travels!

Carol Andrews said...

4 out of 5 check marks is pretty awesome Kate! Better yet is seeing the bag being packed with prepped fabrics ready to sew while you visit Grad Girl. Enjoy the visit even if you do have that long drive! Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. 😉

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Looks like everyone is prepping projects for trips! (Y'all are making me feel bad not taking ANYthing on mine!) Have a good time!