Monday, May 22, 2023

Stitching on the Road

This is my last full day in College Station.  I start the trip home tomorrow.  I've had such a good time hanging out with Grad Girl. Yesterday was a just be home and chill day.  We did a bit of laundry and a few dishes, but otherwise it was a nice relaxing day. I spent some time sewing while she played her Switch and baked. Dinner was simple.  




Our take on a ploughman's lunch.  It's one of our favorite meals when we are traveling. Low on prep, but pretty tasty.  

I've sewn for at least an hour most days I've been here.  




I've a nice stack of bits and pieces of the SAHRR pinwheel blocks ready to finish.

  



Each 3" finished block has 20 pieces, so it takes a bit to finish just one pinwheel. I've got one more set of HSTs to add to this pile of parts.  I'll probably get those stitched today.  Once those 6 blocks are finished, I just need 5 more to finish the last pieced border for the SAHRR.  

This is the first time I've tried stitching on the road. Since Grad Girl still has to work most days, it's been nice to have something to keep me busy till she gets home.  Now that I've got it figured out, it may play a more prominent role in our road trips.  We'll see how My Guy takes that.  

Linking up with the Monday Design Wall and Patchwork & Quilts linky parties this week. 

11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like those pinwheel blocks. I love visiting with my girls so I know the feeling you get when you are with yours.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

OMG those are tiny blocks!!! And they look so precise! Enjoy your visit with Grad Girl -

Sara said...

Those pinwheel blocks are lovely! So far I've only taken hand work with me on road trips.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like you've had a good trip with a little bit of everything that you love! Your meal looks yummy - that's one of our favorites, too. Great progress on your pinwheels - they'll be done before you know it! Have a safe drive home.

Bonnie said...

Nice to take a sewing project along and actually get an hour a day in. I like an easy meal to prep too. Ours is usually a salad with cold chicken on it. Safe travels home.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty pinwheels and other blocks, it's great to make great progress on your SAHRR! This round will be also a good memory of the days spent with your daughter. Hmmm, cheese ;))
Thank you for sharing your day, and linking up!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Those pinwheel blocks are stunning but definitely take a lot of effort. I'm so glad the stitching while traveling has worked so well. Enjoy your last day with Grad Girl and have a safe trip home tomorrow!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Your pinwheels are looking great and it's so much fun to sew on a road trip!!

Barbara said...

That looks like a tasty meal. I like keeping it simple like that sometimes too. Good for you, sewing on the road. Sometimes I create little kits for myself when we’re traveling. If the cutting is done at home, it makes sewing on the road easier. I like to save those plastic zipper cases that sheets and pillowcases come in, and I put all the stuff for each project in one of those to make a little sewing kit. Then, all I have to do is sew. Your pinwheels are looking good.

Linda said...

Aren't those the best kind of meals! Sounds like your trip to CS and GG was a good, peaceful visit. I guess you are home by now. Hopefully you had a good traveling day yesterday. I like those pinwheels!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh what fun - stitching, simple meals and your girl!!! I love it!!!