Friday, May 5, 2023

Photo Play #14: Just Flowers

At the very end of March, I took a flower arranging class with some friends.  It was a lot of fun and I got a nice centerpiece for the dining room table. 




Of course the next step was to get out the Canon 70D with the Sigma 105 mm macro lens to see what kind of images I could capture. The goal was to photograph from a unique viewpoint and come out with something pretty.  You can judge if I hit the mark with these images. 




















There were a lot of good pictures from this shooting session, but these 6 are the best of the bunch. My goal was to show different aspects of the flowers, not just the whole flower. What did I take away from this session? 

1. You can never take too many pictures of flowers. 

2. Lighting can make or break a photograph. It really is the magic wand when photographing flowers. 

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The flower arranging class sounds fun, and I love the photos you're sharing, too! So interesting to see close-ups of the flower petals - especially the chrysanthemum and rose.

Barbara said...

Ooooh...great images! And pretty flowers. Did you know Mike was a florist before he was an engineer? He does a pretty good flower arrangement too.

thea said...

I love the photos, especially the first close up.

Libby in TN said...

Fun flowers! The tulip is my favorite.

dq said...

Gorgeous flowers and great photos!

Jennifer said...

Love the flowers up close!