Saturday, June 30, 2012

2012 UFO Challenge - June Progress

I wasn't going to post anything for the UFO challenge because I haven't finished anything, but then I realized there had not been a UFO challenge post on my progress since the end of January.  Now that we are at the halfway mark for 2012, an update is probaby a good idea. 

Even though I've not finished any of my UFOs as yet, progress has been made on 3 of the 4 UFO's  included in this year's challenge. (UFO list is here)  Of those 3 quilts, the Purple and Yellow Quilt just needs binding.  That's scheduled for next weekend.  Scrappy Stars hasn't been touched since January.  There has been some progress on the RWB Quilt.  When I pulled that project out of the box back in May, there was only 1 block completed. 


Another 4 blocks have been completed since then.


These stars are time consuming, so they go pretty slowly.  The layout I have in mind will need another 8 star blocks, so there is still quite a bit to do.  But progress has been made, which is what I wanted.  Finishes would be nice, but 2 of the 4 UFOs on the list started with almost nothing.  I doubt I finish this project by the end of July, but even if I don't, any additional work makes it that much closer to being a finished quilt. 

Check out all the other UFO progress posted over at Patchwork Times

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I always have to tell myself that any forward progress is still progress. This star quilt is going to be stunning.

Anonymous said...

Your star blocks are gorgeous. I had to come over from Patchwork times to check them out closer. Your quilt will be fabulous! Keep on trucking - hahaha!!

Quilter Kathy said...

You are making progress on lots of projects...never bored for sure! It's always good to pause and take stock...

Lynne said...

I can see why those blocks take a long time. To misquote Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, "fiddly little suckers!"

AnnieO said...

The stars are looking wonderful. Definitely intricate work required there. Can't wait to see your finished yellow and purple quilt. Progress is always good!

Shay said...

Its the journey not the race (or so they tell me ) Great progress on all fronts Kate.

Denise :) said...

Wow! Your star blocks are incredible -- this will make for a VERY striking quilt!! :)