Saturday, June 16, 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Purple Block 2

I haven't had much time to sew this week due to an on site conference at work and the associated mixer and dinner.  I did find some time to cut out and sew up the first of 2 purple coffee cups for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 



I have the fabric picked out for the second purple coffee cup. That might get sewn together this weekend. Other than that block, I'm up to date. 

Cup block patterns from Karen F. Srebro and Janet McCarroll
published in Block Magic and Block Magic Too by
Nancy Johnson-Srebro

Well that's not entirely true.  I still need to figure out what to do about the 3 blocks I missed during the neutrals month.  The quilt plan calls for 36 blocks, which would use all the blocks made over the 12 months.  I skipped the neutrals month since the block background is white.  Maybe substitute some novelty fabrics for those three blocks?  I have some Little Mermaid fabric and some Asian prints that have been used to make quilts.  Maybe some tiger fabric too left over from one of Drama Teen's quilts.  Hmm, wonder what else there might be in the stash bin?   

Check out all other scrappy purple lovelies over at Soscrappy

11 comments:

Sheila said...

Rainbow coffee mugs! Neat quilt idea for this colorful challenge! I'm getting all kinds of ideas for next year's Rainbow Challenge :D

Barbara said...

I love that cup and the fabric. Very cute.

thea said...

I am just loving the quilt. the purple blocks are looking goo.

Kate said...

Hmm, I wonder if rainbow blocks would work for the extra month. But that may be because the purple block is very rainbow-y!

soscrappy said...

Great looking mugs. Still lots more time this year to fill in all the gaps.

Amy said...

CUTE idea! Love this :)

make.share.give said...

So cute! Love the red and green prints in the bottom left corner.

Lynne said...

Lovely mug. Why not wait and see how it all pans out before deciding on the "missing" three?

Angie said...

Great pattern - I especially like the rainbow lettering!
Ditto on the waiting to see how the remaining colors pan out. You may find your inspiration as the rainbow colors come to an end.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a creative project Kate...so fun!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a cute purple mug, this is looking great!