Tuesday, June 5, 2012

15 Minute Challenge - June 5th

This week figuring out the summer schedule starts in earnest.  Swim practice moves from after school to early mornings.  This year the older kids also have swim practice 3 afternoons a week.  Drama Teen will be clear across town from where we work and the indoor practice pool, so we've been working on plans to get her to practice at least one afternoon a week.  Next week her fiction writing workshop starts up, so we'll have to find out where that fits into the schedule.  I thought we'd have less to do with school out, at the moment it's not looking that way.   Even so, the evening activities should be a lot less, so it should be easier to find those 15 minutes to sew every night.  (I'm hoping those don't become the famous last words of the summer!)

On the sewing front, last week was a good one.  Having no one home expecting dinner or needing to be run somewhere was really productive in terms of making it to my sewing room.  Having two days off last week didn't hurt either.  I don't think I spent less than an hour in my sewing room any evening last week.  

 
It's been a while since I managed to spend seven out of seven days in the sewing room.  It did make a difference, lots got done last week.  It's nice to have busy design walls.  This week probably won't be as good as I already know we have an after Colorado Trip party this week to look at all the pictures the kids took.  That's OK, after all the work last week, I feel like a bit of a break is needed this week. 

So how are your crafty endeavors going?  Are you outdoors playing in the dirt or indoors playing with fabric?  Link up and share where your "me" time is going these days. 




1. June @ QuiltQuest
2. Amanda, Seabreeze Quilts
3. Thea
4. Kate
5. libbyQ

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

7 comments:

Lynne said...

Way too cold here to be outdoors! It snowed on the mountains about 35 miles from here!

Chris said...

It is too darn hot to be outside. Besides, if I play in the dirt I kill everything I touch. :(

Kate said...

Yay for 7 out of 7! I lost one day to being outside, but it was worth it. :)

Shay said...

Kate you are a legend . 7 from 7 ! You go girl!

I had a fab week and finished another quilt last night but Im tearing round trying to get ready for work so I dont know when Im going to get a chance to photograph it so I can do a post!

seabreezequilts said...

And I am complaining about my schedule morning and afternoons, kind of glad the kids gave up swimming. Great effort last week. This week no footy practice so I only have to take them to tennis practice (after I have had my wisdom tooth out in the afternoon :()then tennis tournament on the weekend which I don't think they will go far in so probably only one day out on the weekend. I am waiting on fabric to finish one of my projects and the binding on the quilt so things have slowed up on the sewing front at least.

thea said...

Nice week! You rock.

libbyquilter said...

good for you on a week FULL of stitches~!!~

i've been both out in the dirt AND in playing with fabric. what a life~!

:-)
libbyQ