Saturday, June 30, 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Purple #3

Life has been so busy that I completely forgot about posting the 3rd purple scrap block for June.  I had intended to post last Saturday, but Drama Teen had a swim meet. There wasn't much time to write a post before heading off to the pool.  So here's the third purple block for June. 



 I love the paisley fabric in this cup, so it's become my favorite cup to date.  There is quite a collection of cups to choose from now. 

Cup block patterns from Karen F. Srebro and Janet McCarroll
published in Block Magic and Block Magic Too by
Nancy Johnson-Srebro

The lady bug cup is a very close second.  This quilt has been a fun one to make.  Picking the fabrics for the cups has been a walk down memory lane as it's hard not to think about the original project the scrap was used in.  So far scraps from 8 previous quilts have made their way into this project. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what the color is for July.  I need to finish the last "E" so it doesn't look like "coffee" is missing something.  To see the last of the purple scraps for this month, check out what's posted over at Soscrappy

10 comments:

Barbara said...

This is so cute. I love the striped cup.

scraphappy said...

Love the fabric for this one. So close to being done! What a fun quilt.

Lynne said...

I managed to get four purple blocks made on Saturday (talk about leaving it till the last minute) before the family arrived. I still have partially started blocks and purple scaps all over my new ironing board! Ah well, when I get up this morning (it's already past midnight), it'll still be June in USA!

Sheila said...

Love the cute purple mug/cup. This is going to be a cute quilt.
June has been fun. Still have purple scraps, maybe next rainbow challenge. Looking forward to July's color.

Deb A said...

This is my favorite cup so far! love the cheery yellow flower one too. This has been so fun to watch this little quilt come together. I can't wait to see what color we get to play with next month.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a creative idea! The purple cup is the prettiest one so far! Wonder what the colour of the last cup will be...should be petition Angela for the colour you prefer to balance out your project?!?! LOL

Edith said...

What a cute little quilt and a great idea.

Shay said...

I think the red is my favourite !

Elly D said...

Ooooh! Such a pretty purple in this cup :) I love paisley print. Your coffee and cups project is looking wonderful!

Marg said...

This is such a fun quilt, all the cups are fabulous.