Tuesday, June 19, 2012

15 Minute Challenge - June 19th


We are already more than half way through June and closing in on being half way through 2012.  I've already had my mid year review with my supervisor at work.  In another week, I really should sit down and look at where things stand with this year's quilting goals.  The 15 minute challenge actually came about because of my lack of progress on last year's goals.  If you are not spending time in the sewing room, it's hard to make progress. It's amazing how good intentions can simply die once I sit down in the recliner and start up the computer. 


This week actually went better than I expected. 


Tuesday I came home from work with a massive headache and pretty much went straight to bed.  Wednesday there was a work related dinner that kept me out until bed time.   But I managed at least 15 minutes, usually a full hour, up in the sewing room the rest of the week.  So not a bad effort after all. 

How did your week go?  There are lots of distractions that come with summer.  Not to imply that is bad.  For some, quilting (and other crafty pursuits) are just not the priority in the summer months.  Link up and share your sewing progress or your current distraction. 



1. Lesley A
2. Thea
3. Shay
4. June @ QuiltQuest
5. Amanda, Seabreeze Quilts
6. Donna@Lv2sew2011
7. Kate
8. libbyQ

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

8 comments:

lesleyworth said...

this was my first week attempting the 15 minute challenge...and well I didn't get quite as much time in as I would like...it definitely kick-started my slowed down sewing mojo!

thea said...

the RWB stars are looking great. 15 minutes a day really does make a difference.

Shay said...

I always notice the difference in crafty mojo when it's Summer here too.

You did great Kate. If it was Summer here I'd be getting nada done!

Lynne said...

The 15min challenge is certainly working well for you.

June D said...

Sorry to hear of your headache - I've been adding more than fabric to my logs - finding it useful to backtrack and remember things so that's good. I'll be glad when I'm able to fit sewing into my life again though!

seabreezequilts said...

Better late than never. I am probably more productive in summer because my sewing room is out of the house and it is pretty cold out there in winter, the aircon usually works pretty good in summer but maybe that is on the way out because the heating side of it at the moment isn't working all that great. Not a good week for the challenge for me this week but am on the mend and have heaps to do in the next week, mainly pattern writing which I can't really say I love but someone has to do it, and I am the only one who can.

Unknown said...

Great ideal no sewing for me today! Just didn't feel like it but the rest of the week was a go!

libbyquilter said...

i've been slow with the blogging and report but did have a good week.

summer really does require a bigger commitment on my part as the garden calls my name constantly.

:-)
libbyQ