Saturday, April 15, 2023

Week 66 Photo Challenge: A Tongue

The weather has been sunny and warm this week, so it would have been nice to have an challenge card that required us to take pictures outside.  But no, last week's card definitely required an inside, maybe even, internal photo shoot.  




As is typical, we all approached the subject from different view points.


Kate: Walking, Not Wagging, Tongue


I went with the mundane, a shoe tongue.  It's hard to take an interesting photograph of your shoes, so I played a little in Photoshop Elements to see what would happen.  I adjusted the sharpness balance a bit and liked the texture that added to the photo.  Typically I avoid this kind of editing, but sometimes it's nice to try something different.

My Guy's photo isn't completely normal either, he built his own tongue image. 


My Guy: So There!

  

When he asked me for construction paper earlier this week, I knew his shot would be a bit different. It certainly made me smile.  Can you guess how he constructed those eyes?  

Grad Girl has had a busy week. She has a research proposal and two homework assignments due in the next three days. So she was a bit pushed for time on this week's image. 


Grad Girl: Watercolor Me Pink

 

Queeny wasn't being very cooperative so Grad Girl's original image was pretty blurry.  Playing with the sharpness didn't work very well, but the watercolor filter in Photoshop Elements created an artsy rendition of her photo.  It really highlights that little pink tongue. 

It won't be hard to find subject matter for this week's photo. The challenge will be to create an interesting image. 




I'll definitely have the opportunity to practice my photo "seeing" skills with this one. 

8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

These are fun photos! I think your guy made eyes with water droplets on a bottle cap. Maybe?! The watercolor thing Grad Girl did with her photo is a neat effect - is that an app you can get for a device?

Linda said...

My first thought was that I would do a shoe tongue - I love the sharpness on yours. Pretty shoes too. ;) Is your Guy's made from a water bottle cap? And of course I love the kitty "tongue out". I used to play with water color ph0to effects and really like the look.

Barbara said...

The prompt scared me a little. Love all the photos. What fun.

Libby in TN said...

I was looking forward to this one. What different interpretations! All I could think of (other than the obvious) was a wagon's tongue.

Donna said...

Love what the watercolor filter did to the cat picture. I see the filters in the photo editor menus but never play with them.

Marti said...

So creative! I thought there might be a human tongue involved and was happy to see there were not. Live the kitty tongue!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Very cool!

Jennifer in Indy said...

Fun pictures - love the creativity! Are the eyes two drops of water?