Saturday, April 29, 2023

Week 68 Photo Challenge: Abstract Close Up

One last photography post for this week.  Our family photo challenge has been mostly inspiring, but often exasperating as well. This week's challenge card was one of the inspiring ones. 




I had a pretty good idea of what my subject matter would be.  I did try out several subjects, but finally went with my initial subject matter. 


Kate: Into Pink


Mine's probably not difficult to identify.  

My Guy as usual came up with something unexpected. 


My Guy: Close Before Striking


I'm not sure which lens he used for the cool out of focus edges.  Can you guess what it is?  I'm not sure I could have if he hadn't also provided me a more descriptive photo of the object. 

It seems that Grad Girl and I had similar approaches to this week's challenge in both subject matter and color. 


Grad Girl: Abstract Pink and Green


This one isn't hard to identify either, but it's still a fun close up. 

Next week's challenge is probably going to be one of the more exasperating ones.  




Grad Girl may have a slight advantage here as she has access to a very cute pink nose.  I can't wait to see what My Guy comes up with.  He got really creative with the tongue challenge card a few weeks ago.  Me, I'm really clueless at the moment. Thankfully I have most of the week to figure this one out.  

4 comments:

Sara said...

All are interesting, with yours being the one I like the best. It has such a soft look. I had to read the caption on your husband's photo a couple of times before I figured out what it was.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Flowers are always so amazing when seen in a close-up photo! Not exactly sure what your guy took a photo of, though. The side of a matchbox, maybe? I had to pull one out of our cupboard and see if it was similar, but it's so tiny!

Barbara said...

Love these. Your guy's photo has to be a book of matches or something like that. Regarding the blur, was it a rounded surface? Maybe it's a depth of field thing. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for a nose. Maybe borrow someone's pet.

Linda said...

I have to admit, I don't know what any of the subjects are! Very abstract indeed. I thought maybe your Guy's was a grater? No clue.