Monday, April 17, 2023

Just Pinwheels

It was a bit of a mixed weekend. Taxes are done! My Guy finished his review and given his approval.  Grad Girl has approved hers.  That's one big item crossed off my distraction list. I celebrated with trips to both quilt shops in town.  And yes, I did reward myself for surviving the process again this year.  



I actually bought this background to go with a different set of charm packs, then found the Bee Free pack and decided those were more fun that what I already had. Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs is releasing a new book next month, "Just Two Charm Packs". The plan is to make something for the blog hop or for the quilt along later.  I've enjoyed participating in Cheryl's mystery quilt alongs, so this should be a fun project.  Now I just have to decide which quilt to make.  

Then I found something that might work as either a border or backing for my SAHRR project.



This has all the colors that are in the top. It is My Guy approved. So we'll see where it ends up. 

The SAHRR is still moving along, though still pretty slowly. 


Two sides of border 5 have been attached to the quilt and the top border is almost assembled.  I'm still making the pinwheels. Another 17 are needed to finish out the 6th border.  I will be very happy to finish all those pinwheels.  The 1.5" HSTs are really fiddly to work with.  

Linking up with the Monday Design Wall and Patchwork & Quilts linky parties this week.  Happy stitching this week.     

14 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I thought my husband was the slowest to get taxes done this year - he got them done yesterday as well - He has always done the taxes since we got married but I swear he was so slow with them this year I threatened to do them myself (I'm notoriously bad at math) how do I get my quilts to come out right?
Charm packs are so neat I think and that looks like a good one and like that fabric with birds on it.

Sara said...

That starry background would have come home with me too. So cute! And the bird fabric is gorgeous! Wish I could say our taxes are done. We are working with our accountant to deal with a tax fraud situation. Someone had already filed with out info. The IRS has been helpful, but this will no doubt be a long process.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

your reward fabric is just adorable!!! And congrats to the both of them for getting their approvals!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hooray for the taxes being done! You definitely deserved a trip to the quilt shop for a reward. That backing is perfect for your SAHRR!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Finishing taxes is a huge accomplishment. I think you celebrated perfectly, and I look forward to seeing what you make to help celebrate Cheryl's new book!

Melva said...

Congrats on getting your taxes completed. I used to handle our tax prep... until we started our small business. That is when I decided it was best to let a tax professional take care of it for us. It is worth the fee taking the pressure off of me in getting it correct. :) I hope that you will consider joining my Sew & Tell party at MelvaLovesScraps.blogspot.com

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

These charm packs are pretty, and the fabric with the bird is wonderful! It's going to be the perfect fit for your SAHRR quilt. It turns out beautiful too, I love the new row. Good luck with the tiny pinwheels!
Thank you for sharing, and linking up ;)

Andree G. Faubert said...

It's looking great Kate!

Barbara said...

Oh my gosh…such pretty fabrics. I love all of them.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Woo Hoo on getting the taxes over with and how fun to treat yourself to a little gift or two. Gorgeous charm pack and love the bird fabric. Have a lovely week and happy quilting.

chrisknits said...

The SAHRR fabric is perfect! I would definitely want it on the front.

Quilter Kathy said...

Your robin is fabulous! And the new purchases are well deserved and beautiful! I'm still working on taxes and detest it! I will think of a suitable reward for myself!

MissPat said...

I would definitely have bought that bird fabric and then would not want to cut it up. Always a relief to get the taxes filed.
Pat

Preeti said...

Love the border/backing fabric. I may fussy cut some parts of it for a zippered pouch or a mug rug. You are the slow and steady types. I am sure that the SAHRR will be an awesome finish!