Tuesday, April 11, 2023

To Do List for the Week of 4/11/2023

I had a mostly good week on the stitching front. A sinus headache laid me out yesterday so I didn't quite finish everything on last week's To Do List. 

To Do List for the Week of 4/4/2023

1. SAHRR:  Start 5th border, make pinwheel blocks ✔

2. Diatom: Cut fabrics for blocks 

3. Wild and Goosey: Make 1 block - progress

4. Chilhowie: Continue as my leaders and enders project 

Three out of four, with progress on the fourth is still a good week. Especially compared to where I was most of March.  So what does this week look like? 

To Do List for the Week of 4/11/2023

1. SAHRR (Quilting Gail): Continue assembly of 5th border and windmill blocks




Part of the 5th border is pinned to the top waiting for stitching. Pieces of the second border strip are also pinned and waiting for stitching.  There are also a couple of pinwheel blocks in the works.  Hopefully the 5th border will be finished by the time we get to next week's to do list. 

2. Diatom (Quilting Jetgirl): Assemble block 3




All the fabrics for block 3 have been cut, now I just need to start assembly.  I was going to cut all the pieces, but decided that would be a bit confusing, so cutting and piecing will be a one at a time effort. There will probably be much fewer errors that way. 

3. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Finish 1 block, cut purple scraps




I at least made a start on the first purple block.  I should finish this block this week.  They don't take very long, but they don't play with chain piecing, which is why this project has been moving at a snails pace.  I also need to cut some more purple scraps, I don't have a lot of variety in what I have cut to really mix it up in the second block.  The whole goal with this project is just to make some progress this year and so far I've done that with at least one block per month.  

4. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter): Continue block assembly as my leaders and enders project.




I finished enough subunits last week to start assembling block #4.  If I spend a few good afternoons in my sewing room, another block should be up on the design wall before next week.  

That's my plan for this week.  Good luck with your stitching plans for this week.  Linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: for the Love of Fabric.  Good luck with your stitchy stuff this week.  

8 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I think it's a good idea to piece the Diatom blocks as you cut them. I look forward to seeing more of them come together for you. :)

Julie in GA said...

Your projects are all moving along very well. You have lots of pretty colors in the works!

Linda said...

Your projects look so neat and tidy! I really like the fabrics on your Chilhowie block. Enjoy your week!

Ivani said...

Sinus headache is not fun. Hope you feel better soon, Kate.
Your projects are moving along, hope your plans for this week goes well.

piecefulwendy said...

I prefer to piece the Diatom blocks as I cut them, too. It's just easier (and less mess). Sinus headaches really mess with things; glad you are feeling better! Look forward to seeing your SAHRR all assembled!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Sorry about the headache (ugh!) but it does look like you had a good week though! Lots of progress!

Marti said...

You are doing so well with your goals. Having everything pinned and ready will make the next step go quickly. Have a good week (and headache free).

Carol Andrews said...

Kate you did have a great week stitching. Just look at the check marks. all of your projects are coming along nicely and I really love the fabric/colour combinations. They will be gorgeous when they are done. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. Hope you have lots of fun this week and didn't get hit with another headache.