Monday, April 3, 2023

March Wrap Up

March was a tough month on both the health and stitching fronts.  Between my back and shoulder issues, I only stitched about half the month. I'm hopeful that April is going to be much better as those issues seemed to be resolved. I will have to baby the shoulder for a few more weeks, but at least I don't hurt all the time now.  After completely redoing my computer set up, I can spend longer on the computer, but still have to stop for frequent breaks.  But that's definitely an improvement over where I have been.

The Stay At Home Round Robin (Quilting Gail) was my focus project for March as the wrap up was the week of March 14th.  I didn't get my project completed in time, but was able to post some progress before my health issues sidelined me completely for a couple of weeks. When I got back to the sewing room it was the easiest project to just pick up and go with.  




The week 4 round was completed and most of the spacer strips for that round are in place.  A good number of the week 5 square in a square blocks are finished and I got a decent start on the windmill blocks for week 6. Hopefully I can get this to finished flimsy stage this month. 

The only other project with progress in March is my Chilhowie Mystery (Bonnie Hunter). 



 

I finished the third block, so I'm a third of the way finished with my version.  

In terms of my PHD progress, there isn't any.



No finishes to date, I hope to work on that this month.  There are no new starts, so that's at least a check mark in the positive column.  

So March wasn't the best, I'm hoping to do better in April.  I'm trying to decide what to add back to my To Do List for tomorrow.  I'm undecided if I add back any projects to the in progress list or if I should just concentrate on the SAHRR?

Linking up with the March PHD report, Design Wall Monday, and Patchwork & Quilts.  

10 comments:

Sara said...

I'm confident that April will be better. It has to be, right?

Your SAHRR is looking awesome!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I hope April is better for you, too! Your SAHRR is really coming along. Have a great week, Kate!

Nann said...

Your Chilhowee blocks are coming along nicely! Hope your shoulder is, too.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm glad you found that a rearrangement of your computer setup helped. I look forward to seeing the SAHRR continue to come together!

Marti said...

I'm glad your shoulder is on the mend and hope April will be better. I really like the way your SAHRR is shaping up.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

One step at the time, your projects are going to grow as you wish this month! I'm very happy that your shoulder is getting better, and that you feel more comfortable with the computer, and stitching. Pretty Chilhowie blocks too!
Thank you for sharing and linking up ;)

Churn Dash said...

I know when my shoulder starts hurting that I have to change the height of my desk. Pain is no fun.

I love the colours of your Round Robin.

Helen

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, I really love your SAHRR. It's going to be so lovely.

Barbara said...

Really glad you're feeling better. Being in pain all the time is a bummer. I really love the colors you're using in your mystery quilt.

Anonymous said...

So glad you were able to get the back and shoulder pain under control and hope it has continued through April. (Jennifer)