Monday, April 24, 2023

And More Pinwheels

I almost didn't post today. There's not really much new to share, I'm still working on the pinwheels for the SAHRR.  




Only three new ones up on the design wall, but there are another four under construction over at the sewing machine.  More time was spent cutting triangles and rectangles then sewing them together this weekend.  The top square in a square border is all sewn together. Since this picture was taken it's been pinned to the top and is over at the sewing machine waiting to stitched. 

I did spend some time on Friday searching the stash for fabrics to use for the donation blocks for next week's guild retreat.  I needed 4 children's prints and 4 patriotic prints, plus a tone on tone white.  This is what I pulled out of the stash. 



These fabrics are old. The children's prints are between 15 to 20 years old. I had to dig for those. The patriotic fabrics are left over from a QOV that was finished almost 10 years ago. Definitely stash that needs to find a new home. The donation blocks can be any layout of 16 HSTs.  I've gotten the HST triangles cut. The plan this week is to sew all the HSTs and get them trimmed so I can assemble the blocks during the retreat. Fingers crossed I get that far before Friday.  

That's it for me this week. Linking up with Monday Design Wall and Patchwork & Quilts.  

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sometimes the smaller blocks take the longest to make

Marti said...

The bigger the pieced border, the longer it takes to make. I'm looking forward to seeing this pinwheel border on it. I love your colorful fish fabric too. Someone will love that in their quilt.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love the shades of blue you are using in your SAHRR blocks, I can't get enough of them! The HST blocks are going to be pretty with these fabrics - I love the shark and fishes!
Thank you for sharing your week, and linking up.

Sara said...

Good fabric choices for your retreat blocks. Isn't it fun when we realize just how long we've had some fabrics?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Progress is so good tho!!!!
Great fabrics that you pulled - hope you have a fun time!

Barbara said...

You’re SAHRR is turning into quite a project! It’s looking good. Curious to see what you’ll do with those fabrics for the retreat.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such pretty colors in your SAHRR; this quilt is so serene looking. You are making great progress. Love the fish prints. The shark made me smile. Happy Monday.

Jennifer said...

I did a double take when I saw your kid prints - my son's baby quilt (16 years old!) has the bottom fabric in the borders!