Tuesday, April 25, 2023

To Do List for the Week of 4/25/2023

This week marks the 6th month of my retirement.  It still feels weird when My Guy leaves for work and I don't go with him. I don't miss the politics at work, but I do miss the people and the technical aspect of the work I did. Like any change, it will take a while to settle in.  I'm not sewing as much as I thought I would. Part of that is due to the shoulder/back issues that popped up earlier this year. The other part is the other projects I've taken on such as decluttering, getting more physically fit and pursuing photography lessons. So the quilty weekly to do list is probably more important now as I tend to wander more as my time just isn't as structured as it was with a 7 to 6 job. So it's no surprise to me that I didn't finish last week's list. 

To Do List for the Week of 4/18/2023

1. SAHRR: Continue assembly of border 5, windmill blocks 

2. Diatom: Assemble block 3, cut fabric for block 4 - progress

3. Wild and Goosey: Finish a block, cut more purple scraps 

4. Chilhowie: Continue as leaders and enders project ✔    

But three check marks with progress on the fourth item is still a good week.  This week's list has one new to do item on it. 


To Do List for the Week of 4/25/2023

1. SAHRR (Quilting Gail):  Finish assembly for border 5, make windmill blocks




Those windmill blocks are amazingly time consuming.  But I'm more than halfway done with those.  Three of the border 5 strips have been sewn to the top. The last strip is almost sewn together.  There will be another 1" finished border to add between border 5 and 6. Hopefully I can get started on that this week.  

2. Donation Blocks: Make HSTs, assemble blocks




Two of the eight sets of HSTs are completed.  I'm hoping to have all of these stitched and trimmed before Friday.  We'll see if I actually get that far.  The donation blocks are various combinations of the HSTs laid out in a 16 patch block. 

3. Diatom (Quilting Jetgirl): Finish block 3, start block 4



 

Block 3 is almost assembled, but I still need to add the frame to it.  I've got a ways to go on this project.  A new block comes out on Friday and I'm not anywhere close to being caught up.  This project will move up once I finish assembly of the SAHRR project.  

4. Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Finish a purple block




Block 3 is finished, I just haven't got the paper completely off the back yet.  

5. Chilhowie (Bonnie Hunter): Continue to make blocks as leaders and enders




Block 4 is coming along.  I need to make sure I've got enough parts and pieces so I can continue to use this as a leader and ender during the retreat this weekend.  

That's my list for this week. I'm linking up with The Quilt Schmilt: For the Love of Fabric for this week's To Do Tuesday.  Good luck with your to do list this week. 

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is good - you need a variety of projects to do and adding in exercise and photography is great!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Great progress all around, especially on the SAHRR! Have a lovely week and enjoy your time at the retreat. :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Diatom block is so pretty, Kate! I love those blues together. Retirement does take some getting used to, but it sounds like you're filling your time with lots of good things. Time for exercise, working around the house, and pursuing your hobbies are all good things!

Carol Andrews said...

Kate you did great getting 3 out of 4 check marks on last week's list. Seeing your projects progress makes me happy. I think I'm having to live vicariously through all of you who link to To Do Tuesday again this week. I'm having a squirrel attack me telling me I need to pull some blue and white fabrics after seeing your Diatom progress and start a new two colour project. I need to stop thinking that way until I can get some of the projects on my list done though. Resistance! Hope you are going to enjoy your Guild and excercise and photography. What a lovely varied list of things to occupy yourself with! Thank you forlinking with To Do Tuesday. Have another great week of doing what you want and having fun doing it!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It takes awhile to settle into retirement ; you will get there Kate. I really love the colors that you have chose for Chilhowie. It is so fun to see it coming together. Have a great week.

Linda said...

Your Diatom block is really pretty, but I love looking at all your projects.
I kind of went into retirement gradually - from office manager to my own catering business! The catering was so much fun, and at the last office I worked for I was miserable, so I did not miss it. My husband has been retired since late 2014, but I think he misses the same kind of things that you do. I feel for both of you!

Marti said...

3 out of 4 finishes is pretty great in my book. You're right about having more time but getting less done when your time isn't as structured. You'll find your groove soon though and find that your day has a sort of structure.

Paper piecing sure makes your blocks perfect. How do you like it compared to making geese the usual way?