Saturday, February 1, 2020

January Report on PHDs and UFO Challenges

My focus for 2020 is to 



up some UFOs and WIPs. My project list currently sits at 26, I'd like to whittle that down to some number below 20 before the end of the year.  To help keep me motivated, I'm playing along with Quilting Gail's PHD program,



plus both Dreamworthy Quilts and American Patchwork and Quilting's Facebook 2020 UFO challenges.  

So the PHD update is easy, there's no change from the first of January. 




Which that's not a bad thing. There are no finishes, but there's no new starts so far this year either. So I'm at least neutral as of the end of January.  

Though there aren't any finishes, there has still been progress on a few UFO/WIPs that are on the challenge lists. 

Twinkle Stars has gone from needing borders to being sent out for quilting.  
Twinkle Stars
Tutorial by Angela Feldbush of Soscrappy
Hopefully Twinkle Stars will show up as a finish by the end of February. 

Another project on the list, The Winter Quilt Along, went from sewn together rows to a finished quilt top. 

Quiltygirl Winter Quilt Along by Alycia Quilts

The backing fabric has been picked out, it just needs to be cut and assembled. This project should finish up not too long after Twinkle Stars is finished. Fingers crossed that by the end of February, there will be two finishes off the UFO list.  

That's the progress for January.  Linking up with the January PHD report over at Quilting Gail's and with Dreamworthy Quilts for the Monthly UFO Challenge.   

11 comments:

Susie H said...

Sounds like me, a few potentials for February but nothing for January. That's ok ... progress is progress and we do what we can when we can! Love your Twinkle Stars!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your doing good - little by little it all gets done

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

Yay! You made great progress. Chances are you will have your first two finishes next month. I’m not doing as well as you, but I have a finished top, I just need to finish the back!

Barbara said...

The winter quilt-along quilt is really striking. I'll be curious to see what Trudy does with the quilting.

chrisknits said...

Progress forward is always better than no progress or negative progress!!

Katie Z. said...

Good for you, accomplishing so much with everything else in your life. I’m impressed.

Emily said...

Love your winter quilt along quilt! Forward progress is great!

dq said...

Yay! Twinkle Toes is on its way! I have drooled over this quilt for months. It will be so fun to see what your quilter does with it! I also love your Winter QAL all hooked together.

Thanks for linking up UFO NDC! I will be back soon to update my 15 min. report.

Pamela Arbour said...

Great progress. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer said...

Great start to the year and I love your Finish button! When I have ufo finishes in January, I always start to dream that I could finish 12 ufos this year - one every month! Then by March or April, I am back to the reality of not getting any of them actually done! Hope your year goes better than mine usually does - we can cheer each other along!

Quilting Gail said...

Kate, I LOVE your word for 2020 ... focus ... such a great word!
I am amazed that you haven't started any new projects! That's a HUGE accomplishment in my books!
I'm sure that once you get Twinkle Stars back, the binding will go on pretty quick and then you'll have a finish! YAY!!
Thank you for linking to PHD in 2020, Feb 1 Report!
Happy Quilting! :-)