Monday, February 17, 2020

It's a Double Mystery

It was a laid back and relaxed weekend, which was really nice.  I had planned to take Friday off, but a few things at work conspired against me and I didn't get to take the day off.  That happens occasionally.  I'll get to take a day off later this month.  Even without the day off, there was still a good bit of stitching time this weekend.  I decided to make Sunday a nothing but sewing day as consolation for having to postpone my day off.  

Mosaic Mystery was up on the big design wall.  All the blocks have been seen together, so the quilt center is assembled. 


 Mosaic Mystery Quilt
from Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs

Now to figure out what I'm going to do about the borders. 

Since Mosaic Mystery could be pulled off the design wall and folded till it's time for borders, I moved the Frolic blocks over to the big design wall.  


Frolic, 2019 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt

All the corner blocks (quarter blocks) got made this week. I only finished a couple of the half blocks (setting triangles).  The sashing strips are being stitched as my leaders and enders project.  So though it may not look like it, there's actually a lot of progress on this project.  I'm really hoping to get this Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt finished this year.  Of the seven BH mysteries I've started only three are finished quilts.  So it would be nice to keep this one off the UFO list.  But boy all those bits and pieces take time to stitch up.  

That's it for me this week.  Linking up with the typical Monday show and tell posts.  Monday Making over at Love Laugh Quilt. And Monday Design Wall at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.  You should definitely check out both blogs.  

11 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Look at you go!! I am so glad you got some relaxation time!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I haven't decided if I will make this Bonnie mystery - of course it won't be a mystery if I do but I have the pattern in my files so maybe one day

Nann said...

Oh, what a bright Frolic! It's a LOT of piecing but once you get the sashing assembled and attached the design will zing!

Churn Dash said...

I love the colours of your Frolic.

I had planned to do both the mysteries, but time escaped from me. Seeing yours makes me wish I hadn't taken time off!

Helen

Barbara said...

They both look great, but I have to say I love the bright colors in Frolic. You’re getting a lot done!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Mosaic quilt is just beautiful, Kate! I know I've said this to you before, but I love the color combination you put together for it. Looks like you're making good progress on Frolic, too!

piecefulwendy said...

Relaxation days are good. I like your two projects, such pretty colors and designs!

Donna said...

I'd be tempted to put borders on the mystery and be done with it. Frolic is very bright and cheerful.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Both Mysteries are going to be SEW lovely, Kate!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

You are making great progress on both quilts!
I love your Mosaic mystery... I'm not loving my version, but I'll finish it and hope that someone loves it more than I do!

Jennifer said...

Love the mystery - do you have any more of the fabric that you can use in the borders or do you have to find something else that will work with it? And good on you continuing to work on Frolic!