Sunday, February 9, 2020

Week 6 of 2020: Stitching Stuff

It was a stressful week.  This year seems to be the year for the unplanned and unexpected, at work anyway.  So I was ready for the weekend.  We met up with the Scientist in Training for lunch on Saturday and had a great afternoon hanging out and catching up.  





One downside of a stressful week is the late evenings. I had one of those last week.  I ended up reading for what was left of the evening to clear my head before going to bed.  So it wasn't a perfect week, but that's going to happen occasionally.  Even so, it wasn't a bad week on the stitching front. 

15 minute days/week = 6/7 days
15 minute days/February =  7/8 days
15 minute days/2020 = 36/39 days
Success rate = 92.31%

Hopefully this week will be a bit calmer at work.  I'll be out of the office on Friday.  Hopefully my Valentine will take me out for nice lunch and then I can stitch for good bit of the afternoon. 

How did your stitchy week work out? 


1. Chrisknits
2. Shasta @ High Road
3. karen
4. Marti
5. Meloney
6. di
7. DawnyK
8. Loulee (Manxgirl)
9. Amanda
10. Deana
11. Christina's Handicrafts

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

12 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your plans for Friday sound terrific. Have a great week!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Stressful weeks are no good. I am glad you were able to find the time to stitch and see your daughter. Have a great week and especially a super Friday.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hate stressful times I hope it all goes smoother for you this week

Marti said...

I used to love tight deadlines and the occasional work stress. It was the adrenaline rush I think. The older I got, the more it took out of me though and I'm so glad I don't have to do that now. It would be an adrenaline crush I think. I hope next week is better for you, both at work and in the sewing room.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Heres to a way calmer week!!

Denise :) said...

I completely understand...you can't plan for every little thing! Sounds like your weekend was a fun one; nice to be able to spend time with your girl! I read myself to sleep most every night. It keeps me from thinking about 'things' and allows me to fall asleep a lot faster. It's why I love having my Kindle. It's back lit, so I don't need a lamp on to read, and it automatically goes off if I haven't hit the touch screen in 90 seconds. Win win for me! Hope this week goes smoothly for you -- enjoy your Valentine Friday! :)

chrisknits said...

I got 7/7 but more important, a finish or 2 is getting me closer to the finish of the Wedding Toppers. OK, 2/20 isn't that big of deal, but it's something. LOL

DawnyK said...

Glad you found ways to decompress after working so hard this week. It is a balancing act to stay sane and care for ourselves and others. eHUGS!

loulee said...

It's always good to have something to take your mind off work and the stress it can bring.

seabreezequilts said...

I try and read every night, it helps me fall asleep, unless its a really good book then I'm in big trouble.

Jennifer said...

Hope this week goes quickly and doesn’t include as many nights with work at home!

dq said...

I love those calm moments in the week. Sorry you didn't get enough of them with your work stress. At least you got to see your scientist in training. I have an equine/biology/animal geneticist in training who visited this weekend. Those are good times!